PDA

View Full Version : Fury DW DPS Cryin

GarrettJaxx
03-30-2008, 09:04 PM
New fury warrior showed up in our guild. His gear is nowhere near where mine is. He's got 25% crit, 1800 AP, and like 207 hit (which I've been thinking and knowing is way too high to impact). His weapons are comparable, or just about.

He out-dps'd me consistently in TK today. I just couldn't believe it. I had horrible latency, does that make such a difference I wonder? Normally I'm fine, but I was in the red today, at like 720 ms.

Could that answer it? I'm sort of shakin' lol ... thinking this whole time I thought I was pretty good at playing my build and class, and ... gulp! lol. Any thoughts?

Ukyo
03-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. The brother of a warrior friend (both guildies) started playing Fury and he's gear was nowhere near my fury gear, and i couldn't keep up with him, i even started getting serious (it was a Bot shard run) and putting some serious damage, and still couldn't keep up with him.

All i could really say at the end was "wow, you're really good" and start working on getting better, learning more about my class and maximizing my dps in order so that wouldn't happen ever again XD.

All i can say to you is that you should use this as a learning experience and use it to be better. Lag can throw you off a rotation, but it's not a defining factor in an overall dps fight

GarrettJaxx
03-31-2008, 07:15 AM
All i can say to you is that you should use this as a learning experience and use it to be better.

Ukyo, thanks for the reply. First off let me say that it may not have come in through my post, I am very happy to see this as a learning challenge. And, in fact, some part of me relishes the opportunity, because if we can't log in and feel challenged by either content or our own class development, what have we got?:D

I am however, quite perplexed. I'm trying to figure out what about (my ballpark raid-buffed stats here):
>2300+ AP (not adding BS or Rampage +5),
>31-32% crit (not including WF active),
>173 hit
>96.4/2.6 MH (top end of 323 on Heartless I believe) and 92.1 2.6 OH
(Executioner MH/Mongoose OH)

... put out out such crappy (760ish) DPS last night in TK, compared to a Warrior with what looked like too much hit and very low crit. It's not the competition I am focused on here, folks, it's the comparison benchmark and consideration of my approach to DW fury - rotation, chants, gear, buffs, and all.

What I'm really wondering is, with the adjustment to Flurry charges, has Hit rating again become a stat that scales the heck out of your raid-dps? It's sort of a silly thought, and goes against almost everything we know about Fury mechanics, right?

Or, did my lag truly mess my rotation up (I'll tell you I missed alot of Executes, and had full rage bars at the end of a fight plenty of times, and also saw a slow Whirlwind cooldown, it was very frustrating).

I guess I'm using too many words here to say, simply, am I reading into this too much, and my technique is solid (always thought it was) just had a bad raid environment? I'm venting if you couldn't tell. Anyways, I am sort of wondering if +hit is much more important now in 2.4 than we might be crediting it ...

Love these forums, hope I'm not bending your ears guys!

Signu
03-31-2008, 11:14 AM
I can't imagine 35 hit would make up for 500 AP and 6% crit. Though I imagine with the Flurry change each point of hit gets better as your crit goes up. With enough of both, you should basically be flurried 100% of the time.

Bananasmasht
03-31-2008, 07:54 PM
It could be as simple as he is better at what he does...I dont want to sound mean and please dont take it as such. But alot is dependant, is his rampage constanly up 100% time, is he getting BT and WW on Every CD, and throwing some WW in. Also what were the groups like? Do you have mean officers who put you in a healer group while he got the Shaman/feral druid?

GarrettJaxx
04-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Actually, lag was gone yesterday and I put up the kind of dps I'm used to seeing. Also upgraded my chest so that I'm sitting at 30% unbuffed crit, 171 hit and 1800 AP. I'm not too concerned, anymore. :D

It is possible he's just better at what he does, I believe I mentioned that in my earlier post. But in fact, with the latency gone from my connection yesterday in Heroic MrT I had the kind of hit/crit damage breakdown I'm used to seeing.

It's funny how lag can screw your whole rotation up.