PDA

View Full Version : HC Magister's Terrence

Cathimodo
03-30-2008, 11:09 AM
For the last boss, how to dealt with his 40000 damage fireball?

Nicki
03-30-2008, 01:01 PM
DPS then interrupted he has a shield...

Or shield wall hmm maybe spell reflect works? Paladins can just bubble..xD

Shortypop
03-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Ideally you want enough dps not to get the pyro at all - definitely possible in t4 gear, as long as you don't get unlucky and get the nasty aoe thing in melee range (assuming you have another melee as well as your tank).

Shield wall works, although you will still be eating 12k or so. Alternatively, get yourself ss'ed or battle-ressed, although a tank isn't necessary for p2.

I believe, though I haven't tested it that it is not reflectable.

Noraxe
03-30-2008, 07:51 PM
When does the pyroblast occure? Is it at any specific % or?
Cause ive run it every day since the patch came out(for the trinket ;) ) and ive yet to see him casting a pyroblast. And all the other guys in the guild has had the pyro coming in.

Got the trinket today btw :D:D

Shortypop
03-31-2008, 01:43 AM
Pretty sure it is timed, over two runs I've seen the pyro two times and not twice (a couple of wipes :) ). So it's either a fixed time from the start of the fight, or a percentage close to 50% and if you push him over to 50% fast enough he doesn't get time to cast it.

MasterWolf
03-31-2008, 08:15 AM
I believe he starts casting it at around the same time as the second phoenix. If you get him to 50% before then, you won't have to deal with it.

If you dont have enough dmg to get him to 50 before he starts casting it, you have to deal 10K dmg to his "shield" and then interrupt the pyroblast. It is not reflectable.

Or you could Shield Wall. Or you could just let the tank die if he's close to 50%. No tank needed during the gravity phase.

Rak
03-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Well considering BigWigs has a countdown bar until he will pyro, I imagine it's timed. I haven't actually seen it, though.

Belak
03-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Has anyone managed to burn the shield and interrupt him?

I saw a load of posts on the WoW forums complaining that multiple people would burn and interrupt, but the tank got pyroed every time. I'm curious if it was the standard WoW forum scrub posts or if it's a legit bug.

The only way we were ever able to do it was to burn him down fast enough that he never got a chance to start casting.

Crommi
04-02-2008, 12:04 AM
I think that what people are referring to is not a bug but a simple latency issue. What usually happens is that he's almost finished with the pyroblast when you get the shield down and you shield bash, but get hit right after that. Most of the time I've been able to get into 2nd phase without pyroblasts, but usually when they happen DPS just doesn't quite manage to get the shield down anyways.

Pyroblast can't be reflected.

Horacio
04-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Completed it on heroic last night and it was pretty easy up until Delrissa.

Group was:
Prot Pally (Kara/ZA gear)
Arms Warrior (T5)
Fire Mage (T5)
Elemental Shaman (T5)
and Resto Druid (T5 - me)

For the Priestess we drew the Warlock, Fury Warrior, Rogue and Shaman. And it took us 7 or 8 tries to get them down. They each, on heroic mode, do alot of damage and if one person gets ganged up on, its difficult to deal with. On more than one try, I had the rogue lock me up and kick me, locking out my healing spells for 6 seconds. We CC'd the shaman to stop his heals and eventually, had the tank swap in his mage alt to kill her. then we sheeped the shaman and rogue, nuked the priestess. I cycloned the warlock once or twice but the fury warrior got loose and beat the hell out of me. Our shammy switched to healing and we killed her.

To be honest, as tough as it was, I like the encounter. Its heroic, its difficult. I felt like we were on the verge of getting it a number of times. Someone would get out of LOS or my tranquiity would get interrupted. We made alot of silly mistakes but we worked it out and killed her. Crackhead Kael was much easier. Four of us raid together but I generally only hang out with the arms warrior. We had a problem and we solved it...I feel good about that. Trash caused no real problems and I only got hosed by a warlock now and then when we got sloppy but no wipes. We handled the last pull before Kael with no problems.

And of course, the tank trinket dropped because the pally switched to his mage. At least the arms warrior is a good tank when specced and tanks a fair bit.

Kazeyonoma
04-02-2008, 02:55 PM
3 vials... 3 effing vials....

Danach
04-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I've done 5 runs of it so far. 4 vials, 1 commendation.

enderwiggin
04-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah I don't have the screen shots but he hit me for 46k thru shield wall...twice i don't know if it was a latency issue i run at 300ping pretty regularly but when i came back my s-wall was on cool down.

Here is what i know about the heroic fight

static shield pyro isn't realated to
his percentage of life
the pheonix or the egg

We brought in some bursty people and never saw it again so seems more likely.

Truly if you die and he goes straight to grav phase you as a tank are not needed any way...unless for some strange reason you switch weapons and chuck decapitator at him out of pure spite

Bullwrinkle
04-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Not on topic at all, but are you by any chance the same Ender from Nexus?

enderwiggin
04-08-2008, 03:14 PM
not the same ender at all. probably a pretty popular pseudonym at this point though

ceffo
04-21-2008, 07:43 PM
I just Say NO and dont bother going anymore. Well now i have the tanking trinket there is no need :)

After eating 45k 50k fireballs numerous times ive given up. Spell reflect doesnt work and so does shield bash.

That instance is just made for a pally. Fireball getting cast hit bubble. Pally laughing. Warrior dead.

MichaelRo
04-22-2008, 03:18 AM
If you have a warrior as tank useing spell reflect - and useing dps gear to tank him is quite impossibile to get pyro.

All warriors should use to attack power,crit and hit/expertise gear to tank him.
He does very low phisical dps .

And also is needed to reflect his fireball for extra 5k dps every 10 seconds.
A prot warrior tanking like this will do over 1k dps easy so the ranged dps will be able to deal with egg/phoenix.

And for sure tanking this way and haveing a good melle dpser dpsing him also will prevent pyro - which appears after some fixed time if he is after that time - still in phase 1.

Haveing egg/phoenix in phase 2 is most times a wipe.
And the prot warrior should switch to dual wield in phase 2 and when he gets under 20% recklesness and fast dps him down.

And be carefull to not try to intercept him from air cause that will cause a bug that will get you disconnected from server.
Well no ideea how you kill him with bear/pala tank.

Exidus
05-19-2008, 02:51 AM
Well no ideea how you kill him with bear/pala tank.

I position myself with my back up against the wall, between the 2 flags.
(it allows me to see the rest of the room easier, w/out camera flipping)

When I did see the pyro, I bub'd, but then couldn't get aggro back, even though I was #1 on Omen by far. (50% above anyone else, save the T6 ret pally) What we basically did was dps as hard as you can, ranged takes the birds and eggs, and pray you don't get a lot of melee spawned birds.

In air phase, I was useless, save for spot healing. After 2x air phases he was dead. Honestly, only the pyro + bad bird spawns makes this fight, in any way hard. FR gear does help a lil w/ the fire, since he casts 2x more than melee.

As for how much the pyro does, well to me it hit for 49k. (oh I wish I had that much hp lol )

loquatious
05-19-2008, 08:08 AM
This instance was built for warrior tanks. The huge numbers of caster mobs make our spell reflect amazing.

TomBrokeOff
05-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Two things for this SIMPLE fight if you understand it.

#1, the pheonix(s) are on a timer.
#2, the Pyro blast is on a timer.

my success in this instance comes from bringing the right DPS

2 ranged, 1 melee.

if you are lucky youll bring a resto shammy..

start by tanking him where in the center of his circle. (where he is going to teleport everyone at the start of phase 2.

bring your melee DPS with you and never have him stop to work on the pheonix (i know that would be rediculous die to its consecrate, but ive heard it requested before....)

the 2 ranged DPS the best they can then kite the pheonix. and kill it. STAYING AWAY FROM ITS CONSECRATE it is VERY SLOW

generally, what ill do is have all my DPS pop trinkets and cooldowns upon arrival of the first (and only) pheonix. allowing it to die quickly.

everyone proceeds to get back on the boss. if you can manage to get him to 50% fast enough...you'll never see a 2nd pheonix, or a pyroblast phase.

then duck and dodge, the pink balls all white dotting him ONLY when possible, and going for the gusto during phase 2.

Barlic
05-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Well from experience doing dps on my affliction warlock, slowing effects like curse of exhaustion do seem to work on the pheonix, which makes kiting them alot easier, basically by the time the range dps had to move to get out of the hellfire the bird was dead.

Also if dps is an issue for pyro, a timed curse of doom can chew a large chunk of damage out of it since it is 4200 base and gets 200% of the locks shadow damage (using the shadow damage coefficient mentioned on wowwiki).

Morgo
05-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Just to clarfiy for some earlier poster: It is definately possible to burn the shield and interrupt his pyroblast, it happens for me every other day when the 2 ranged dps are somewhat slow with killing the bird. He does cast a pyro allright, but since all dps usually switched back to him some seconds earlier, I just pop Shield Wall to make sure, and Shield Bash when he got half a Second left to compensate for lag. I would say 5 out of 7 cases, his shield is down.

rustyboy
05-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Warriors Last Stand and Shied Wall, as long as your close to max health at the start you will survive easily. Even if the tank dies it doesn't matter because the next phase will start straight away and you just need to DPS him down.

nattylife
05-30-2008, 01:38 PM
as most people said, if you have to, last stand + shield wall.
but the best way, get him down to 50% within a minute of aggro.
no pyro = good times.

Sanelora
05-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Best way i have ever seen it done is Curse of Doom at 59 sec to pyro. virtually pops the bubble instantly.

dps can casually pop the bubble and kick the pyro!

gyre
05-30-2008, 11:21 PM
What frustrates me about this instance is the first week I tried it, kael's mount dropped 6 times out of 7, and I lost the roll 6 times. Now, since then, and I've done it daily, it hasn't dropped at all.

Be fair blizzard, if you gave it a stupidly high drop rate to start with, keep it at that.

-- gyre --

clavarnway
05-31-2008, 12:23 AM
What frustrates me about this instance is the first week I tried it, kael's mount dropped 6 times out of 7, and I lost the roll 6 times. Now, since then, and I've done it daily, it hasn't dropped at all.

Be fair blizzard, if you gave it a stupidly high drop rate to start with, keep it at that.

-- gyre --

I sympathize, but this isn't the place to post this. We are trying to keep this related to helping people tank the instance.

Finelle
06-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Just had a nice plate of $%^ you Blizz prepared. MS warrior, rogue, shaman, priestess, hunter. Had a mage, boomkin, hunter, resto druid and prot warrior group. It was so bad, I felt like Shield Slamming the design team IRL.

Unless I know my group, I usually assume that they cannot pop the bubble in time and act accordingly. Shield Wall if it's going well, if not, they need to step up DPS to avoid the pyro.