PDA

View Full Version : Vengeance Wrap vs Razor Scale vs Dory's.

Cayleb
03-28-2008, 08:27 PM
I was recently in a situation where after sporting the Dark Reavers cloak for awhile, I decided the next logical step was a Vengeance Wrap. A week or so of farming, just before I had it made, I picked up a Razor-Scale from Morogrim(seeing that nobody wanted it, meh), and had the Wrap made the next day. About a week after that, I picked up Dory's(primarily as a future investment with immediate PvP returns now). What I'm not certain about is which to use. I only run with about 120 hit rating right now, 16 Expertise, 30ish% crit and 2kish AP. My current ArP is currently a measly 320ish(without Executioner proc'd) and we're working our way through Vashj.

I suppose the real question is. I haven't even equipped the vengeance wrap yet. Should I just resell it on the AH for profit, or use it over the Dory's/Razor-Scale? The very..marginal hit rating on the Vengeance Wrap isn't something I'd think would make or break the decision, plus Razor-Scale's stats has the benefit of scaling with Kings, and Dory's is just..really tempting for an all-around cloak. So, I'm somewhat torn. Any suggestions?

Taelas
03-29-2008, 01:58 AM
Vengeance Wrap vs. Razor-Scale Battlecloak vs. Dory's Embrace...

Vengeance Wrap has the most +crit, while Razor-Scale Battlecloak has the least. Dory's Embrace has the least AP, but it has ArP, solid crit rating and the most stamina. Razor-Scale Battlecloak pretty much only has the AP going for it. I'd say that Razor-Scale is the least "solid" of the three (as it 'wastes' itempoints on stamina), with Vengeance coming after and Dory's as the best all-around cloak.

It doesn't have the best AP or the best crit rating -- but it's the only one with ArP. I'd use Dory's.

Kilogram
03-29-2008, 06:05 AM
Personally I would take the other stats of the Vengeance Warp over Dorys Embrace as long as you have a warlock to toss up CoR. Both are good choices though.

Cayleb
03-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Either way then, the Razor-scale is the big loser of the trio. Seems like the Wrap and Dory's are very close, with Dory's perhaps scaling a little better later on down the road. With my current ArP, would Vengeance Wrap provide the better returns and if so, is there a particular ArP number range I should be waiting on before figuring it's "safe" to trade out the Wrap for Dory's?

Kilogram
03-30-2008, 06:50 AM
You should be good with either really. The Vengeance has better stats like said above so if you need a boost pick that, if you feel like you have enough crit, power, and hit (if you socket) then pick up dorys. If you need stamina, then dorys is also the better choice. But you are right dorys will most likely scale better later down the road. :)

Cayleb
03-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Much obliged. I appreciate it, this was something that was nagging at me for awhile now. Hopefully I'll be able to start hitting the areas where ArP starts to shine soon as well.

Ceravantes
03-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Personally I would take the other stats of the Vengeance Warp over Dorys Embrace as long as you have a warlock to toss up CoR. Both are good choices though.

Having a warlock throwing out CoR would jsut make Dory's even better, bad argument for Vengeance wrap imo.

Kilogram
03-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Yes it would make it better but not quite as necessary. In almost every raid if not all of the CoR should be up there for it it not quite as necessary, if for some reason CoR was not up than it would benefit more. sorry for not making my self more clear.

Corbusier
04-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Yes it would make it better but not quite as necessary.
That doesn't make any sense.

Kazeyonoma
04-01-2008, 04:05 PM
currently with full armor reduction abilities on a boss, there is still anywhere from 2k-4k armor left over. Unless you have over 2-4k ArP, ArP will always be useful, especially as it gets lower and lower. Each point of armor reduced, yields a larger and larger % loss in mitigation as it gets lower and lower. So your argument that it isn't quite as necessary if you have CoR, is not only flawed, but outright backwards.

Crimsonstorm
04-03-2008, 03:53 PM
From what I've read on EJ,

Vs a low armor boss, with full debuffs up including CoR, Faerie Fire, the boss has 2190 Armor left.

That means that you can have 1350 Armor Pen and still get the full effect out of Executioner Proc (840). So 1350 armor pen is the first point where you might start to worry about diminished effect of armor pen, assuming you use Executioner, but no other armor pen procs (like Madness of the Betrayer)

Razmo
04-04-2008, 01:14 AM
I use Vengeance Wrap with a 20 ap gem on it. Why? Well I was loosing to much crit cuz of the fact I wanted more hit and str and this was my way to boost my crit some more. But all 3 are rly nice ofc. It all depands on the encounter and buffs you are facing.

BoomBeef
04-15-2008, 09:08 AM
IMO, use Dory's and I'll tell you a benefit besides the traditional DPS stats; Stamina. Yes some would say it is a wasted stat, but you are a DPS warrior and you are about to get through Vashj and into T6 soon. Guess what you need more that anything to survive in T6 candyland? Health. In fact Najentus (1st boss in BT) you want to try to get 12.5k Health to make him easy for you. Dead DPS = useless DPS. I have to swap in PvP pieces to up my survivability in BT quite often so I wouldn't discount PvP gear or the +Stam stat anytime.

Secondly I'd go through and show you my WWS reports as I gain ArP and the difference it makes but I am lazy and that takes way too much work and dissection of our site. It's discussed quite well here by more knowledgeable folks than myself. I will tell you the Choker neck with ArP drops like crazy for us in Hyjal so you will most likely get it in a few weeks as well. Build up that ArP, think ahead. The Vengence Wrap is yesterday's news for you.

GarrettJaxx
04-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Dory's rocks.