PDA

View Full Version : Gear/Stats for MH??

Dirrotis
03-28-2008, 12:18 PM
I was just curious what type of gear and stats should be desired before heading into MH.

Our guild began SSC/TK at the beginning of this year and we feel we've been progressing rather quickly and smoothly. With the new 2.4 badge gear coming out once our server finishes the Anvil (Only like 11% through Phase 2), we feel that much of the gear that is available in SSC/TK can be left behind and we can move forward in our progression. (We still want to down all the bosses in SSC/TK before we move on too, which consists of Vashj, Kael, and Solarian.)

So again my main question is, what kind of stats and/or gear should me, as well as our other tanks, be aiming for before we move on.

This is a link to my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Deathwing&n=Dirrotis)

and I do understand that I should respec into a little more Raid friendly talents but this has been working fine as we've been moving.

What should also be taken into account is that I am the 2nd MT in our guild, so our MT has 2 pieces of T5 and has the Tankatronic Goggles, while I have the ZA/Gruul's Shield and he is still using Shield off of Nightbane because of unlucky drops.

Any advice would be much appreciated not only for me but for the rest of my guild as we look forward into our progression. Thanks.

tamral
03-28-2008, 12:23 PM
I was just curious what type of gear and stats should be desired before heading into MH.

Our guild began SSC/TK at the beginning of this year and we feel we've been progressing rather quickly and smoothly. With the new 2.4 badge gear coming out once our server finishes the Anvil (Only like 11% through Phase 2), we feel that much of the gear that is available in SSC/TK can be left behind and we can move forward in our progression. (We still want to down all the bosses in SSC/TK before we move on too, which consists of Vashj, Kael, and Solarian.)

So again my main question is, what kind of stats and/or gear should me, as well as our other tanks, be aiming for before we move on.

This is a link to my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Deathwing&n=Dirrotis)

and I do understand that I should respec into a little more Raid friendly talents but this has been working fine as we've been moving.

What should also be taken into account is that I am the 2nd MT in our guild, so our MT has 2 pieces of T5 and has the Tankatronic Goggles, while I have the ZA/Gruul's Shield and he is still using Shield off of Nightbane because of unlucky drops.

Any advice would be much appreciated not only for me but for the rest of my guild as we look forward into our progression. Thanks.

Your stats and gear are fine. Other than your helm being garbage, every other piece is solid, and overall, looks pretty decent. The spec is kinda strange to me though, I'd favor 11/5/45 or 12/4/45 or 12/5/44 or even 8/5/48 as tanking specs. the 5% crit is a tough thing to pass up.

Dirrotis
03-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks for your response, and yes I know the spec is strange. I spec'd into it when I hit 70 and wasn't quite aware of where to take everything. Thanks for the spec possibilities as well.

I've been running ZA twice a week for the past couple months now and have yet to see the helmet off Hexlord and the only other helmet that is within reach would be the engineering goggles, but without an alt that has mining as of yet that seems like it would be a pain to drop it (especially with the new daily for 17g, which is nice), and JC is nice for the trinkets I can make.

tamral
03-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks for your response, and yes I know the spec is strange. I spec'd into it when I hit 70 and wasn't quite aware of where to take everything. Thanks for the spec possibilities as well.

I've been running ZA twice a week for the past couple months now and have yet to see the helmet off Hexlord and the only other helmet that is within reach would be the engineering goggles, but without an alt that has mining as of yet that seems like it would be a pain to drop it (especially with the new daily for 17g, which is nice), and JC is nice for the trinkets I can make.

How about the tier 4 helm? I usually farm that for badges every week anyway, and the instance takes a whopping 2 hours to clear. It has payback for badges alone.

Dirrotis
03-28-2008, 04:32 PM
How about the tier 4 helm? I usually farm that for badges every week anyway, and the instance takes a whopping 2 hours to clear. It has payback for badges alone.

I have been trying to get my tier 4 helm for awhile. Finding time when the guild is putting together a run is difficult at times, but I have had no luck yet with the tier 4 helm.