PDA

View Full Version : Band of the Eternal Defender (Hyjal Exalted Ring)

taro
03-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Band of the Eternal Defender - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29297)

How good is this ring compared to:

Supremus Ring
Band of the Abyssal Lord - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32261)
Kara Ring
Violet Signet of the Great Protector - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29279)

I am curious about the ring EH wise (base stats + chance on struck). Which 2 of these rings should I use? For pure effective health set.

Thanks!

taro
04-13-2008, 08:04 PM
bump? :(

Taelas
04-13-2008, 08:17 PM
For pure effective health, Band of the Eternal Defender and Violet Signet of the Great Protector. Band of the Abyssal Lord has more stamina and more threat, but the block value on Eternal Defender and the Armor on Great Protector make them superior for pure EH. (The proc is nice too.)

For a more balanced set, Band of the Eternal Defender and Band of the Abyssal Lord.

taro
04-13-2008, 08:32 PM
hmm thanks. :) that's what i thought too... i'd love to see some calculation though if anyones done it :o

Taelas
04-13-2008, 09:03 PM
You can do that yourself easily. Click the Calc link up in the upper left corner of the site, and put in your stats with the different rings.

Just ignore the proc for now. You'll have to do a judgment call on that. :)

Aelvain
04-14-2008, 07:23 PM
The t6 level rings with higher item levels and more effectively dispersed stats are better for pretty much...everything.

Crimsonstorm
04-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Pure EH: Use Kara ring and Hyjal ring. (Note that the new badge tank ring beats both for EH).

Best overall of those are Abyssal ring and Hyjal ring.
Best threat of those are Abyssal and Hyjal.

Crimsonstorm
04-15-2008, 12:43 PM
The Hyjal exalted ring's proc is up about 1/6 of the time. Thats an average of 133 armor.

Esillymidget
04-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Band of the Abyssal Lord isn't even that great of a threat ring. It's really easy to cap hit rating without any help from rings or trinkets with the early MH and BT tanking gear.

Kazeyonoma
04-15-2008, 02:33 PM
where are you pulling 9% hit from to cap so easily?

Esillymidget
04-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Well, there's Pepe's Shroud of Pacification, Glory of the Defender, Praetorian's Legguards, Myrmidon's Treads, Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart. Then you have all the badge items too. It adds up pretty quickly.

Aelvain
04-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Band of the Abyssal Lord isn't even that great of a threat ring. It's really easy to cap hit rating without any help from rings or trinkets with the early MH and BT tanking gear.

Shapeshifter's Signet and the Illidan ring are the only ones that are better as far as I know and unless you're overgeared you're probably not going to use those. Also you should replace Praetorian's Legguards and Glory of the Defender so most full t6 tanks aren't going to be hit capped. That being said I generally don't use it right now because I'm at 143 hit rating without it (bad luck on bulwarks), so I use the MH ring and Ring of Sundered Souls.