PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Main Tanking (or not)?

Cromleth
03-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Oi folks. First off a big thank you for a great...well, spot for tank - avid reader and first-time poster on TS in need of some input here.

My spec and gear: WoW Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Argent+Dawn&n=Cromleth)

Here's the thing - I'm not sure if I'm geared well enough for MT'ing heroics. Mostly, I'm concerned if I'm aiming for too much avoidance/defense at the cost of health (item/enchantment/gem-wise) to be a good 'all-round-tank' for heroics. :confused:

In guild, I'm currently offtanking in Kara, and would like to go Heroic for badgefarming and experience (been prot since high 50's, so I had my fair share of maining in normal groups, etc).

Of course, I could 'trial'n'error' some heroics, and expect to do so, but to let the opportunity to get tips and tricks from the knowledge of you lot pass me by, I think would be foolish - if not daft :)

Also, I've been through a great many posts around the TS forum to catch on all hints, tips, and tools'o'the trade (and found plenty) but I'd simply would like some comments etc on my particular build/gearing - for improvements, flaws and such for better chances of survival in heroics as main tank.

So, in short: Any advice, comments, flames, kudos would be appreciated!

Many thanks in advance, Crom.

jlafleur
03-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Your gear is certainly good enough to tank heroics. Your doing Kara for cripes sakes! (Heroics were supposed to gear people for Kara...not the other way around.) Your gemming and enchanting need improvement though which is probably why your health seems low. Rarely are socket bonuses worth it so when in doubt gem 12 stam. Also, enchant all of your gear. For example, no reason not to have at least 120 armor on that cloak. Also, get 15k honor and get the S1 shield as well as a gyro-balanced khorium destroyer.

jlafleur
03-27-2008, 01:34 PM
You could also get your BSing up and make fireguard-blazeguard-blazefury easily. Nether Vortexes are easy to buy now that they aren't soulbound. A 97.5 dps tanking weapon helps mightly maintaining threat.