PDA

View Full Version : Gruul's: King's Defender or Sun Eater?

Cipher
03-27-2008, 12:04 PM
I might be asked to MT Gruul's tonight because our guild's MT might not be available. I've got 15.7K Health unbuffed and 16.6K armor (T4 helm/T4 gauntlets). I was wondering if I should use my Sun Eater to tank High King Maulger & Gruul or King's Defender. Ever since I got my King's Defender, the only other time I've used Sun Eater is during phase 2 of Prince in Kara.

Cynocide
03-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Personally, I would use the Sun Eater if you have no issue with threat for the added avoidance. Otherwise, King's Defender...

tamral
03-27-2008, 12:08 PM
I might be asked to MT Gruul's tonight because our guild's MT might not be available. I've got 15.7K Health unbuffed and 16.6K armor (T4 helm/T4 gauntlets). I was wondering if I should use my Sun Eater to tank High King Maulger & Gruul or King's Defender. Ever since I got my King's Defender, the only other time I've used Sun Eater is during phase 2 of Prince in Kara.

Sun Eater for Maulgar, KD for Gruul.

If the DPS works fast enough, Gruul hits like a pansy the whole fight. Maulgar on the other hand, avoidance IMHO works better because threat isn't an issue until 50%, and by that time, one fear ward = dead HKM.

chengt
03-27-2008, 12:35 PM
If you are switching out SE of KD during phase 2 of Prince then you can do it after a certain number of phases from Gruul based on how you feel and how the fight is going.

Synza
06-08-2008, 12:40 PM
I like to use KD to start a fight, and usually keep it on a lot of it. But if I'm taking alot of damage/I have a healthy lead over the DPS, its time to switch to SE and mitigate a little more.