PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Battleworn Tuskguard

MasterWolf
03-27-2008, 05:50 AM
Battleworn Tuskguard

So, I've heard it now gives 40 defense rating instead of the near-useless 40 SBR it used to have.

Can anyone confirm?

If this is true, how much does it improve the value and usefulness of this item? Is it usable over T5 now?

Klimpen
03-27-2008, 05:58 AM
It has been changed.

I'm personally going to be using Hard Khorium Goggles over this, even though it's a bit of a gold sink.

More Armor. Edit: link's wrong, it's been buffed to 1611
More Sta.
More Def.
More Dodge.
More BV. [w/ the Def/BV Meta]
And Hit to top it off.

MasterWolf
03-27-2008, 06:01 AM
Make me think once again about giving up BSing for Engineering...

Rak
03-27-2008, 06:47 AM
The entire reason I liked the ZA helm was the block rating. Now the next best within my grasp is the old badge one, ugh.

MasterWolf
03-27-2008, 06:52 AM
The entire reason I liked the ZA helm was the block rating. Now the next best within my grasp is the old badge one, ugh.

Prot farming FTW?

Radhja
03-27-2008, 07:33 AM
I agree. I like the +SBR, but the +40 Def is ultimately better for avoidance (and to bridge the defense gap left by certain pieces...)

Rak
03-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Prot farming FTW?

No. Passive uncrushability vs dual-wielders to make farm bosses like Tidewalker a snorefest ftw.

Odaeus
03-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Unless your guild will be/is doing Sunwell, the tier2 engineering goggles plans for Hard Khorium Goggles will be very hard to obtain...

The plans drop off trash... prices will be ridiculous on the AH if that guild decides to sell this pattern.

/sigh I want these goggles >_<

If you don't already have the goggles, these are probably the best you can get unless you get the Destroyer Greathelm

Satrina
03-29-2008, 09:45 AM
The only thing the Destroyer helm really has going for it over the changed Tusguard is a meta socket which will only be better for your gear sets with 500+ block value. I wouldn't bother getting it if I already had the Tuskguard. Especially if you have to pay DKP for Tier 5 and not for ZA loot.

(It's okay to type the entire word "you" here on the forums; you're not in a hurry to type as quickly as you can!)