PDA

View Full Version : LF a Guide to ALL Badge Gear

Leytur
03-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Veneretio has a great blog on the top 10 Badge pieces but they were pre-2.4. I also don't want a list of JUST 2.4 badge gear. Rather, I would like to see a rating of ALL badge gear and advice for what order to get them in considering where upgrades might be. For intance, I don't want to shell out badge gear for a piece that will be replaced by a Prince drop.

Even MORE importantly I don't want to buy a 2.3 badge piece when there's a better 2.4 piece out there.

Hopefully my request is easy enough to understand.

Leytur
03-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Surely I'm not the only one wondering this???

AlmtyBob
03-27-2008, 01:57 PM
I do this for badge gear:

1. Download the spreadsheet from [Warrior] Tanking Spreadsheet - Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t17181-warrior_tanking_spreadsheet/). It has basically every single piece of tanking gear from 5mans through Sunwell, including 2.4 badge gear rated by AEP. You'll find everything in the "GearList" tab.

2. If you don't like AEP you can adjust the values in the top of the sheet to match the TankPoints standard or whatever else you want.

3. Make a copy of the workbook called something like "Threat Gear" and one for "Tank Gear".

4. Color in the cells for the items you have already and, using a different color, the badge gear.

5. In each place where badge gear is an upgrade subtract your current item's AEP/Tankpoints/etc from the badge gear's. Divide that number and by the badge cost and you'll see how much gain you'll get per badge spent.

For example, if you have Chestguard of the Warlord then Chestplate of Stoicism would be a 175 AEP upgrade. 175 / 100 (number of badges for Stoicism) you get 1.75 AEP per badge. If you also had Destroyer Legguards then the Sunguard Legplates would be a 715 AEP upgrade or 7.15 per badge upgrade. In this case you'd definitely want to grab the legs before the chest.

Leytur
03-27-2008, 04:00 PM
I spent about 20 minutes doing this. . . if someone can double check for anything I left out or did wrong I'd love it. . . I also threw in Kara gear so I would know not to blow 50 badges on something that might drop in a week.

Head

Amani Mask of Death 75 Best non Crafted
Faceguard of Determination 50 OBSOLETE
**Kara***Eternium Greathelm

Neck

Brooch of Deftness 35 Best tanking neck
***Kara***Barbed Choker of Discipline

Shoulder

**Kara***Mantle of Abrahmis

Back

Slikk's Cloak of Placation 35 Stay alive cloak
Farstrider Defender's Cloak 25 Threat cloak
***Kara***Gilded Thorium Cloak

Chest

Chestplate of Stoicism 100
***Kara***Panzar'thar Breastplate

Wrist

Bracers of the Ancient phalanx 35
***Kara***Vambraces of Courage

Hands

Bonefist Gauntlets (don't know why the bad link)
***Kara***Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden

Belt

Girdle of the Fearless 75 Threat
Iron-Tusk Girdle 60 Stay alive
***Kara***Crimson Girdle of the Indomitable

Leggings

Legplates of unending fury 100 DPS Warrior with sick stats
Sunguard Legplates 100 Def/Dod/Exp
Unwavering Legguards 75 Def/SBV/SBR
***Kara***Wrynn Dynasty Greaves

Feet

***Kara***Battlescar Boots
***Kara***Ironstriders of Urgency

Finger

Ring of the Stalwart Protector
Ring of Unyielding Force
***Kara***Shermanar Great-Ring

Shield

Azure-Shield of Coldarra
***Kara***Shield of Impenetrable Darkness

Trinket

Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600
***Kara***Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch

ebs2002
03-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Looks like you got em all.

I gotta agree with AlmtyBob though, the way I decide how to spend my badges/honor/whatever is by giving item points (usually either EH, Tankpoints or the ElitistJerks sheet for tanking gear, and MaxDPS or the Prot DPS Sheet-determined points for dps gear), and comparing the honor-to-dps, arena-to-dps, badge-to-tankpoint, etc ratio for the upgrade. I normally do this when I am terribly bored at work, or when I've finished all my daily quests but am not quite ready for bed :p

AlmtyBob
03-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Internet connections at work are why we don't flying cars, a cure for a cancer, or all white-meat chickens.

AlmtyBob
03-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Head: Faceguard of Determination is crap.
Amani Mask of Death is a more of a DPS piece but makes for a nice mixed threat/tanking piece I suppose.

Neck: The brooch is the best threat piece but I still like the choker for progression tanking until Kael's drops.

Legs: Unwavering makes a nice passive-uncrushable piece if you the badges to blow (I think anyways, haven't made my uncrush set yet).

Shield: Don't even LOOK at that ugly badge shield. Burn through some dailies to get the Dawnforged Defender from SSO-Exalted.

zaxxor
03-29-2008, 08:11 AM
What is the difference between AEP pts and Tankpoint?

I am one of the MTs in our guild and we are moving into 25 man content so I need to gear for progression. I used ABobs systems and have a good idea of the gear I need to get with ,my badges. I used the AEP numbers in the DL spreadsheet. I this number base good for a baseline tank stat?