PDA

View Full Version : What trinket to use?:S

Elotin
03-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Today i just got my Commendation of Kael'thas. And now im wondering what trinket i should use this baby with. I currently got Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch, Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600 and Scarab of Displacement
I got a hard time choosing which one to use on the general occasion. My armory link is: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Grim+Batol&n=Elotin sinc i guess that matters. Note im also MT currently progressing on kael'thas
Thanks
-Elotin

ebs2002
03-26-2008, 10:37 AM
It completely depends on the fight you're on at the time. Commendation is great for EH and progression fights, but not that great for farm content or high-threat fights. Moroes is great for the same situation, autoblocker is great for high-threat fights and quick-but-soft hitters (like Prince), and scarab is great as a +Defense patch (if you had to swap out other things for resists/more hit/more HP).

Personally, I only use my +def trinkets when I dip below 490. Otherwise, I'm using Autoblocker and Darkmoon (replaced with Commendation when I get it) for most fights. I don't have the pocketwatch, though, but I would equip that for the big slow hitters (with Commendation or Darkmoon) and dual wielders (with auto-blocker).

Elotin
03-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks alot for the help

Derrick
03-26-2008, 12:34 PM
i suspect commendation will sit alongside my scarab for progression tanking. they complement each other well. to get as much bang for the buck from the dodge proc, i would want to increase my survivability at 35% hp, and it seems to me that higher mitigation would do this better than EH. Of course with 57stam it would also find a home in my EH set alongside the darkmoone card, sextant, or some similar trinket.

ebs2002
03-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Hm, Derrick, I can't say I agree with this. Higher avoidance (which is what I think you meant to say, not mitigation), means you have less HP/Armor, which means you're more likely to go from 36% to dead if you don't dodge. I think it's best to have as much EH as possible, since that increases the chance that a killing blow will come from under 35% rather than over 35%. For this reason, I think the commendation fits MORE into an EH set than an avoidance set.

Of course, it's all really subjective based on the boss you're up against. I'd use my commendation with my avoidance/SBV set against Prince because he hits fast but not too hard, and I'm likely to not take more than 35% damage in one swing.