PDA

View Full Version : T4 helm vs. ZA helm.

chassiah
03-23-2008, 08:09 PM
I recently upgraded from my t4 helm to the ZA helm off of hex lord, but with the new meta gem in 2.4 I'm leaning on reverting to the t4. My guild has stopped doing SSC/TK regularly but we might start doing them as a weekend pug type deal. The new meta gem is sick and I can't think of a helm a different helm I'll run into with a meta socket anytime soon. My guild is currently 4/5 MH and 4/9 BT. I haven't seen much action in them because our other two tanks are still getting geared out. Just looking for opinions/suggestions I guess.

My armory

^for other comments/suggestions.

Fairly new to the site, I think it's awesome and I wish I had found it earlier.

Jericho
03-23-2008, 10:38 PM
I am not an expert in this or anything ... but the ZA helm in fact has changed stats on the current PTR version.

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/7382/swornnewpo7.jpg

I really hope that this is an error, as I truly liked having the ZA pieces fill in niche gear holes. However that being said, I am quite sure that using the metagem in your t4 helm is going to outweigh the benefits of armor using this for any fight that does not involved the use of great amounts of EH. Given the usage of 3 +12 stam gems in the ZA helm and a +12/SBV gem in the t4 you will be losing a chunk of EH. Yet, for fights where tps is important, you are going to want to use t4+SBV helm.

All in all, I haven't really heard enough about the SBV gem to know if its adding 10% to your total after talents or if its getting added multiplicatively in between. I certainly hope its being added after and not giving us the measily multiplicative addition that some other talents tend to do.

Grabmill
03-26-2008, 05:53 AM
I'd say, gem the ZA helm for avoidance (passive crush immunity), but use T4 almost every time with the new gem in it.