PDA

View Full Version : A new Tanks Questions

BloodyHouse
03-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Hey Guys,

I've been reading and researching this site for a little over a month now just trying to take in as much as possible. I have one goal in this game and its to be the best tank I can possibly be. Im level 67 and ive been tanking since 60 with the goal of the smoothest transition into heroics and Kara at 70.

If I'm understanding everything correct my EH should be ~20,746 this is from 10694*1.94 my armor is 50 points under 10k.

Initially when I stated gearing up my goal was all out stamina but now that I'm getting closer to 70 Im taking in account some Defense Rating, right now im sitting on 433.

What other things should I be taking into consideration? I've read almost everything I can find here and it is quite overwhelming especially since I havent been in situations where I understand what is being discussed a little better.

Also I read somewhere that the Merc Gladiators shield is excellent tank shield and it will drop the ideal 490 defense rating down to 472ish can anyone confirm if this is true or to how much truth there is to it?

Lastly I'll link my Armory Page and all tips and pointers gear wise would be helpful. If you look through my items and get a few laughs those are on me :) enjoy!!

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&n=Bloodynights)

Athifos
03-23-2008, 12:29 PM
If you are just starting to tank at 70, you want to first hit the 490 defense caps to become uncrittable, or 472 if you have the Merc Shield (even less if you have more resilience). Once you have the defense requirement met I would start working on getting more health. At beginning instances/raids there isn't much pure avoidance gear you can get without having to sacrifice a lot of health and armor.

As far as gear that you should be aiming for, here are some good pieces that will get you on your way to heroics/Kara:

Shadow Labyrinth
Platinum Shield of the Valorous
Adamantine Figurine
Blackout Truncheon
Shoulderguards of the Bold

Sethekk Halls
Terokk's Nightmace

Old Hillsbrad
Iron Band of the Unbreakable

Black Morass
Legplates of the Bold
Latro's Shifting Sword

Steamvault
Gauntlets of the Bold
Devilshark Cape

Shattered Halls
Greathelm of the Unbreakable
Skyfire Hawk-Bow
Greaves of the Shatterer

Arcatraz
Thatia's Self-Correcting Gauntlets
Breastplate of the Bold
Elementium Band of Sentry

Botanica
Enchanted Thorium Torque
Aegis of the Sunbird
Warhelm of the Bold

Mechanar
Jade-Skull Breastplate

Once you start running some heroics there are some nice pieces to pick and plenty of Badge loot.

BloodyHouse
03-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Do you know what the Def Cap is if you just use the normal Glad Shield and not the merc?? Trying to plan a route of attack