PDA

View Full Version : Halazzi OTing

Trainwrex
03-20-2008, 11:08 PM
So my guild and i were doing a ZA run today and i was OTing (prot warrior)

Now the phase 1 was easy enough for, just be a meathshield for the cleave, but whenever that lynx split i would run into the problem of not being able to pick up aggro fast enough.

I tried everything i could think of to be able to grab it before it hit one of the healers. It would be half way to a healer, id hit taunt (in range), and nothing. taunt on spawn, nothing. Id end up having to shield bash it twice before healer aggro was peeled away.

i was getting very frustrated and it made me seem like a horrible tank. It wasnt causing a wipe, but it would hurt or kill a healer. we did several attempts and i couldnt grab it once before it hit the healer.

any suggestions? none of the strats i've read have really said anything.

AlmtyBob
03-21-2008, 12:01 AM
It's a pretty standard tank + spank for the spirit. When you see him starting to split (DBM should tell you) get a TC out so you've put on some threat before you've even targeted him. When a split is getting near let your rage bar fill up and save your bloodrage for the split. At that point just unload into the spirit with SS + Devs and Heroic Strikes, then start the normal SS/Rev/Dev/Dev combo when he's on you.

Pagezero
03-21-2008, 12:35 AM
Intervene work great if you miss the lynx, make sure you have an intervene macro, I think it is something like /cast [target=targettarget] Intervene, this lets you intervene with the lynx targeted.

Grakzul Slaughtbringer
03-21-2008, 01:21 AM
I killed him yesterday, I usually MT him, but this time I was OT. No problem to grab him: as AlmtyBob said, Thunderclap just before the Lynx appears, you will have somme aggro. Be ready to hit TAB and your shortcut for taunt and the lynx will directly aggro you.

On the 3rd pop he ran away so I just Intervene him, exactly with the same type of macro from Pagezero, then I simply taunted him.

Don't be nervous, be ready for the lynx pop and hit your TC/Taunt bindings and it will never be a problem.

AlmtyBob
03-21-2008, 01:49 AM
As of a couple patches ago, Intervene will now automatically intervene your target's target if you have a mob targeted. Macros no longer needed 8)

Domichi
03-21-2008, 05:24 AM
I found that TC/Taunt right at the split will take care of the spirit form as the OT. In the "oh crap!" situtation when that does not grab the spirit form, you can Challanging Shout to grab aggro and not worry about grabbing Halazzi because he will resist it and stay with the MT. Typically on the last split, I will just go ahead and use the Challanging Shout for easy mode if I have not blown the cd on it already. From there, it is smoothe sailing as the OT, just wait for them to rejoin and pop shield wall in the last 5-10% on Halazzi to help make it easier on the healers because they will probably be running low on mana by then since this fight can last forever.

MasterWolf
03-21-2008, 07:25 AM
I always keep TC and DS up on Halazzi anyway, to help out whoever is MTing (or if I'm MTing). Usually it only takes one devestate on the Lynx for me to grab him, so I dunno why he keeps getting away.

Ceravantes
03-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Usually he gets stuck on me while I am mting, just from a tclap/demo when he spawns, the few tiems I have ot'ed the fight i did the same, tclap/demo on inc, followed by a normal starting rotation and he never once ran off. Since server xfering there has not been one tnak that has been able to seemlessly pick him up, I miss my old prot pally OT =/

Trainwrex
03-21-2008, 09:57 AM
i was trying all that, the problem was whenever he was spawning he seemed to be immune to everything. Maybe it was bugged or soemthing.

We got lucky and ZA itself bugged and nonething respawned, it was awesome from the redo's on the eagle boss.

Muggs
03-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I've had problems with the lynx bolting away from my consecrates even, the thing moves fast enough that if it resists the first tick of consecrate (only one that can be resisted) he's all over a healer, I didn't have much of a problem last week, but when he's about to spawn I spam my targeting macro to pick him up fast, maybe the ole /cleartarget, tar = spirit, /cast taunt macro would work :D

Karaja
03-24-2008, 12:01 PM
After he does the explosion thing he doesnt saber lash, as soon as he does it I step out a little bit. He seems to spawn on the same side an go for the same healer when Im going it. I throw down TC, taunt, shield slam. We also had the pally healer throw on righteous fury for a little bit to get ahead of the other healers for a threat buffer, if for some reason u dont pick him up he will head to the pally who can survive a couple hits unlike a clothie.

MasterWolf
04-18-2008, 06:00 AM
I also noticed last night that even after I Dev/Taunt the Lynx, sometimes he runs towards someone else before randomly turning around and coming back to me. I dunno if he actually hit one of the others, but it was strange.

Also, I use a "/target spirit" macro to pick him up. I spam the macro and usually dont have any issues getting him.

Nuberino
04-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Yeah macro: /tar spirit

When he is about to split start spamming it and once your target switches land a devastate and you will have him. Works very very well.

Morgo
04-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Just as a remark:
It happens to me all the time that a mob is heading right trough me if going for some clothie, and even if I taunt on max INCOMING range, he will still run trough me and turn around about 2 yards behind me, without hitting anything. So, as long as he DOES turn around, I think it's just server lag, by the time the game catches up with the fact that you taunted, the mob ran the few extra yards.

Kream
04-18-2008, 09:47 AM
I've had problems with the lynx bolting away from my consecrates even, the thing moves fast enough that if it resists the first tick of consecrate (only one that can be resisted) he's all over a healer, I didn't have much of a problem last week, but when he's about to spawn I spam my targeting macro to pick him up fast, maybe the ole /cleartarget, tar = spirit, /cast taunt macro would work :D

This.

Also if you do lose him, wait for him to decide on a target than intervene. He doesn't do enough damage to destroy anyone quickly.

Sunderhorn
04-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Oh, how I hate that frackin Lynx.

You success in picking up the Lynx right away can be largely dependent on your latency, but I've found that waiting to see him tranform into the troll and then queuing cleave and popping TC while tabbing until it picks up the Lynx give me the best results.

Lynx is definately a grudge match for the OT, I always try to OT him if I think the OT can handle Halazzi. Nothing says "I'm a nub" or feels worse than your raid target running around smacking people.

Have the MT use his AOE as well and try to pick it up at the split as well, better to taunt it off him on this fight than try to chase that damn thing down. Also, challenging shout will pull the boss onto you, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Just stay put after you use it and let the MT grab him and reposition.