PDA

View Full Version : A few Questions.

Bloodwraith
03-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey I have a couple questions.

When everyone says mopve with your mouse, do you mean actually bind movement keys to your mouse, or just hold down both mouse buttons and run around the target?

And for holy pally/disc priest/ms warrior/ MM hunter/ and ele shaman What would be the general strategies for this make-up in 5's? My team recently aqcuired a ele shaman to complete this set-up and I was wondering what we should aim to do in our games in general?

Thanks

Kazeyonoma
03-20-2008, 02:38 PM
no no, mouse move as in, Mouse TURN. like, don't press a or d to turn, you need to right click and spin your screen to move things right. At least that's what I refer to. I still move with my w and s buttons most of the time, with expections to the two mouse clicks together thing.

urm. I've never seen that makeup but it looks like the makings of a half gib team, with drain capabilities? I really don't know that doesn't look like a gib team cuz of the hunter and the disc priest. if it was a warlock and a shadow priest i'd say 2345 team.

I think if your shaman starts off the match by helping keep the disc priest up. while your hunter and priest mana burn things, you could win. but it seems awkward to me.

Milinius
03-21-2008, 01:50 AM
I've never seen that makeup but it looks like the makings of a half gib team, with drain capabilities? I really don't know that doesn't look like a gib team cuz of the hunter and the disc priest. if it was a warlock and a shadow priest i'd say 2345 team.

This is the setup Nihilum Arena plays in 5vs5, with great succes. Directed at Bloodwraith: Try visiting Nihilum.com and watch their 5vs5 Arena videos. Should help you some. And if you're out for more tips, try making an account on the forums and PM those guys you wanna ask about stuff.

Kazaganthi
03-21-2008, 07:30 AM
I move different from Kaze. I move forward by holding both mouse buttons, but I like him turn with my mouse. If you play like that, it is much easier to kite, tuck in and stay behind opponents, and keep track of everything. I move back with the key b...but that is a bit odd. I also have my stafe keys bound to the two side mouse buttons.

As for that lineup, it looks pretty strong. I'd suggest a marks hunter instead of bm though. It provides burst through the hunter, war, and ele sham, but at the same time the priest and hunter can mana drain the other teams healers. If I were running this makeup, I'd focus on mana drain while your warrior gets a full rage bar, have a preset focus target, when you get full rage have the sham hit bloodlust, every one pop trinkets, and try to blow up that focus target. The sham after his initial burst should start spamming purge if the other team has a pali as your team is highly vulnerable to bop.

Kaz

Blackfriday
03-21-2008, 10:08 AM
I move with the two mouse keys, and turn with the mouse. In addition I have bound the back key to the mouse wheel (not spinning, pressing it down). I like it as I am a major key masher and have trouble moving with the keyboard and mashing at the same time. This way you can hold down the mouse wheel and right click at the same time - easy to change direction while walking backwards.