PDA

View Full Version : T6 four piece vs Praetorian's/Silvermoon

Valdinar
03-20-2008, 11:22 AM
I've been struggling with the decision of whether or not to take/use T6 leggings for MT set and the subsequent grabbing/using T6 gloves to attain T6 4-piece bonus. I did my own mathcraft using The Protection Warrior - Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t18771-protection_warrior/). I did this comparison again Silvermoon Gauntlets and Praetorian's leggings, feel free to armory me (currently threat/avoidance trinkets gear equipped) if any backround item knowledge needed. Analysis factors out base stats into their equivalents assuming full vitality, defense into avoidance ratings, and all ratings into percentage values. This is intended for looking at the set bonus for a MT role in BT environs.

+43 block value
+set bonus 10% SS damage
+162 armor
+4.24% chance to block
+.72% parry
+.81% chance to be missed [from defense]
+.73% crit
+40 AP

-462 HP
-2.13% dodge
-1.14% hit rating

EH theory overall verdict: Loss of 462 HP is huge. 162 armor is nice, but doesn't compare to settling the loss of HP.
Avoidance theory verdict: A must for passive crushability if this is to be required as many theorize it will for Sunwell bosses, very nice increase to block rating. For current raid environs, nets a .6 loss to avoidance (non block rating) and 4.24% chance to block.
Mitigation verdict: 162 armor, 43 block value, looks great.
Threat verdict: Much higher. Set bonus speaks for itself, in addition huge block value upgrade as well as a little crit and AP. The -1% to hit sucks but much outweighed by the plusses I would think.

Summary: I think overall this would be preferable to quick hitting bosses like Illidan and for threat sensitive fights such as Essence of Anger. The overall HP loss initially bothers me but I believe will scale fine with other upgrades throughout BT.

Anyone have any input on this analysis or their own thoughts on the T4 set bonus? I'd love to hear if you think it's worth it or not for main tanks and on which encounters you think it shines or lacks.

Trual
03-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Damn my noscript screwing up my response.

Ok, short version: I've been doing the same math lately, and my feeling on T6 is that the hands and legs don't stand out as being amazing individually, but that 4pc bonus rocks.

However, with 2.4 just around the corner, and the new T6 boots, belts, and bracers coming out, you can make up the loss in uncrushability there pretty easily while not losing the 400hp from Praetorian's.

Nez
03-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the summary on this, Ive been debating the exact same thing as I've passed on the helm and gloves in the past when we do those bosses. I have the T5 helm and Silverymoon, so the T6 piece per piece isn't that much of a upgrade, if at all. But, I keep eyeing the 4 set bonus and watching DPS inch up on my case the further we get into BT. I plan on picking these up next time we do MtH if they drop again. Shield Slam is such a big part of your threat that I think it is worth the 10% bonus to lose some HP over.
=]

Edgewalker
03-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Uncrushability is absolutely worthless for every fight currently in game. The hardest hitting bosses, including everything in Sunwell, do NOT crush.
While I prefer 4 piece over Prae/Silvermoon (Teron's Gloves is miles ahead and should be your real comparison point regardless), uncrushability should not be a factor in comparison.

Valdinar
03-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Uncrushability is absolutely worthless for every fight currently in game. The hardest hitting bosses, including everything in Sunwell, do NOT crush.
While I prefer 4 piece over Prae/Silvermoon (Teron's Gloves is miles ahead and should be your real comparison point regardless), uncrushability should not be a factor in comparison.

This is why I mentioned it as 'rumorred.' Also, Enforcement are threat gloves, Silvermoon are better for survivability, that's why they were used in this comparison.