PDA

View Full Version : Tier 6 Wishlist and Advice/MS

Gorgrim Warcry
03-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Alright guys, I could use your help preferably from tier 6 MS warriors. Well I have talked my guild into letting me be our MS whore once 2.4 hits and we grab another off tank. I am currently in the process of building a wish list which I could use your help on.

I want to minimize taking any loot that I don't need due to my ignorance. So if you are bored then lets get to work.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul%27jin&n=Gorgrim)
A slot by slot break down would be great so I can compare it with what I have currently, but any suggestions are welcome

Head:
Neck:
Shoulders:
Back:
Chest:
Wrist:
Hands:
Belt:
Legs:
Feet:
Ring 1:
Ring 2:
Trinket 1:
Trinket 2:

There is my armory link, and my current raiding spec. This wish list is MH/B Sun Well, and Arena S3 and S4 current and future badge loot may be included also. We no longer do SSC or TK or anything below on a normal raiding schedule.

Question 1, Being I am the only MS warrior I will have full access to the Axe from Gorefiend of the Sword from Archimonde. Will the sword out dps the axe by a signifigant margin? Keep in mind I am an orc what ever that means these days.

Question 2, I have read once or twice I need 4 piece bonus from tier 6. Is this true? If so it will be unlikey I will get head or chest for a very long time just fyi.

Question 3, In a quest to maximize my DPS I am wondering would it be better for me to use a relentless assualt flask or, an agility pot.

Question 4, haste? ArP? AP? Crit? Balance? It is worth noting I use spicy talbuk during raids which gives me nearly 9% to hit.

Question 5, My gems are currently set for a fury build being all str/ap mostly I was cheap and used some ap drop gems from heroics yeah yeah I know but I was tanking at the time :P. Should I change them out for Crit?

Question 6, Where do you normally rank in dps for your guild? I am figuring I should be with in the top ten, normally somewhere between 5th and 9th.

Question 7, My current rotation is, Slam/MS/Slam/WW/Slam/MS/Slam random debuff or buff. Am I doing it correctly?

Thank you for any help or advice, I welcome and critiqe you will take the time to give. I know the answers to most of the questions I am basically seeking reassurance. Thanks agian.

Ceravantes
03-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Meeks Guide

Rikos guide

The answers to all your questions can be found here.

Gorgrim Warcry
03-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Read the guides before, I am seeking some real time input from folks currently doing it. The questions are less important than the gear however. And they don't answer all my questions either.

Ukyo
03-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Assuming you have access to the best gear, the list would go something like this:

Head: Helm of the Illidari Shatterer (until you can get your hands on the T6)
Neck: Choker of Serrated Blades
Shoulders: Onslaught Shoulderblades or Vengeful Shoulders
Back: Shadowmoon Destroyer's Drape or Dory's Embrace
Chest: Onslaught Breastplate
Wrist: Furious Shackles
Hands: Grips of Silent Justice
Belt: Red Belt of Battle
Legs: Leggins of Divine Retribution
Feet: Dreadboots of the Legion
Ring 1: Stormrage Signet Ring
Ring 2: Signet of Primal Wrath
Trinket 1: Madness of the Betrayer
Trinket 2: Berserker's Call or Ashtongue Talisman of Valor

That's just my gear wishlist for 2.3, i know it has a lot of hit, but i think that works nicely.

Question 1: take the axe, you'll have 5% more crit and the bonus from your racial ability
Question 2: You need it, but not right now, you can live without it for now (specially with 3 more parts of onslaught gear coming from sunwell)
Question 3: I'd say relentless assault over agility, though if you find that your crit is rather low, go for agility
Question 4: With the gear wishlist you have more than enough of everything i think :P
Question 5: Take some 4str/4crit for red and 8crit for yellow, for blue sockets i'd say 4str/6stam (or the BT gem equivalent)
Question 6: With less gear than the list, i actually finish between 3rd and 8th on 25 man raids
Question 7: Yes you are XD

Most of my responses were from personal experiences, so i might be wrong sometimes :P

Gorgrim Warcry
03-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Thank you good sir /bow. More input is greatly desired.

Ceravantes
03-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Swords spec>axes in all cases, Cats edge is the absolute best there is for PvE dps, taking the axe over it is moronic.
Soul Cleaver Cataclysm's Edge

I am unsure as to why you would think Soul Cleaver is better, less Armor Pen, Less Str, Less top end and perhaps you didn't notice that with all this, it still remains .2 seconds slower than the axe.

The answers/wishlist above is ideal, except ofcourse for the weapon, and perhaps the stat gearing question, passive haste is generally never "better" than something else for warriors, ArP is going to be your best stat and should be stacked as high as possible. The ashtongue trinket is actually inferior to a ton of others, including hourglass bloodlust brooch for some very easily attainable ones, if you can get your hands on tsunami talisman that would be great as well, though honestly, you should be riunning with a saphire for the rest of the melee grp.

Gorgrim Warcry
03-21-2008, 08:04 AM
a: I constantly am told Axe is the pve spec
b: the increase in damage and arp are very minimal

Soul Cleaver - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32348)
Cataclysm's Edge - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30902)

I also have the 5 expertise to consider from my racial, which im not sure how it figures in.

I am asking because, i will take the first that drops, but if the axe drops first I want to know if the sword will out dps it by a large margin because I am trying to avoid the loot whore syndrome.

Ceravantes
03-21-2008, 08:13 AM
I cant give you parses since our arms warrior hasn't had soul cleaver in some time, but I can assure you the increase is substantial and while Expertise is a great skill, and I am a huge advocate for it, in this case the dps loss from sword spec, faster attack speed, more ArP and AP is incredible. In addition to the fact that Expertise on a dps is only half as useful, so in truth there is little difference between hit and expertise aside from the fact that it removes different mechanics from the table.

There is currently no better 2handed weapon for warrior dps than Cats edge, if it drops take it irregardless of what you are currently using.

You are honestly better off taking a look at
Whoever is telling you Axe spec is a pve spec does not know anything about our class's mechanics, That is akin to saying a dagger Spec rogue is better than a sword spec rogue.

Take a look at maxdps for a wishlist, it will give you pretty much exactly whats above, but also what else you could be using until that becomes available.

Also, something I missed earlier, generally you are going to want to gem Str over all, just like for a fury set, str/crit or crit or crit/stam shuold be reserved for getting bonuses only, and only get a bonus if it is str, this is provided you can maintain 32%+crit in zerker, unbuffed.

Kazeyonoma
03-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Centx is right, sword spec outshines axe spec almost entirely. the 5% bonus to crit isn't as valuable at t6 level of gear because at that level crit is a low priority stat for a pve warrior anyways.

ArP is highest, followed by Str/AP

haste is almost useless too unless you have tons of it in which case, using an abacus or a dst will benefit you more than equipping full haste equipment. If you have enough expertise to remove dodges from the table already, 5 more expertise isn't gonna help you.

Gorgrim Warcry
03-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Yes I do plan on running with my sapphire as long as possible, I am of the belief that MS is a support spec to increase all the melees dps even if I sacrifice some of my own.

Ok so sword over axe no questions asked.

Thanks for your input, I would still appreciate more input on a wish list however. Thanks a ton guys.

Gorgrim Warcry
03-21-2008, 12:08 PM
On a side note is there a site where I can build my wishlist to see the stats on my character including enchants and gems. Like the old CTprofile, it doesnt seem to be working any more been trying to use it the past 3 days.

byechee
03-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Warcrafter T6 MS List (http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/38821)

Gorgrim Warcry
03-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Dude that shit is sweet thanks.

Ceravantes
03-21-2008, 02:03 PM
As far as your wishlist goes, you should really go to the site I linked you, input your raid buffed stats and see where upgrades are ranked, it isn't totally infallible, but it is the best tool out there for deciding on upgrades.

Gorgrim Warcry
03-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Next Question, How much ArP is to much.

Ukyo
03-21-2008, 03:37 PM
When your AP/Crits gets too low because of ArP, that's too much

Regarding the link, 27% crit, is that right, i would've though you'll get more crit than that with that gear

Kazeyonoma
03-21-2008, 03:37 PM
you'd need over 2k or 4k ArP for it to be too much, currently, there's never enough.

Gorgrim Warcry
03-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Ok this is what I have worked out.

70 Orc Warrior (http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/40744)

Note:It keeps putting me in battle stance so add 3% for beserker to crit.

This is reasonable goal for me to obtain I doubt that I will see much loot from Illidan before we move onto sunwell so I tried not to include his loot.

Onslaught shoulders would be iffy as well guild is loot council and dps comes after tanks and healers.

Thanks again for the advice guys has helped a ton.

byechee
03-21-2008, 04:01 PM
When your AP/Crits gets too low because of ArP, that's too much

Regarding the link, 27% crit, is that right, i would've though you'll get more crit than that with that gear

i assume ur talking about what I linked? its 28.2% crit, 31.2 in zerker. with raid buffs and a feral druid you'd run right around 40%, which is more than enough, and 1350 ArP w/o procs is beastly.

byechee
03-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Ok this is what I have worked out.

70 Orc Warrior (http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/40744)

Note:It keeps putting me in battle stance so add 3% for beserker to crit.

This is reasonable goal for me to obtain I doubt that I will see much loot from Illidan before we move onto sunwell so I tried not to include his loot.

Onslaught shoulders would be iffy as well guild is loot council and dps comes after tanks and healers.

Thanks again for the advice guys has helped a ton.

you do realize you can only gem one 12 crit gem, and only if you're a JC? you would also need another red/blue gem to satisfy the meta.

Gorgrim Warcry
03-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Yeah, was just plugging in gems, its good now.

Ceravantes
03-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Warriors T6 tokens are warrior/shaman/hunter, shoulders are really one of your best pieces and you should really push to get it, the helm as well, luckily the T6 tanking helm is horrid so you'll have little competition.

Ceravantes
03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
This is what I would use, there are a few thigns you could play with, I would def replace Onslaught Gauntlets with Grips of Silent Justice and replace Furious Shackles with Onslaught Bracers after 2.4.

The only problem with this set up is low hit rating, though that is made up easily with Hit food and Imp faerie fire, which would easily put you over the cap.

Gorgrim Warcry
03-22-2008, 06:29 AM
Shoulders I may eventually get yes, the helm I doubt it simply because my guild only raids 3 days so their practice seems to be kill the end boss just enough to get attunments and move on. As I understand it we will need to kill illidan to get attuned to the last half of sunwell so i fully expect to kill 2 or 3 times and move on like we did with Kael and Vash. I'm Planning on what I will reasonably be able to get before we move to sunwell.

Either way I am an engineer and will be making the googles once the pattern drops for us. I am also a smith so I will be able to make the Khorium BP. I plan on reworking my list once 2.4 hits but this is for the now.

BTW am I the only one that has a white background going on here?

Ceravantes
03-22-2008, 07:06 AM
The problem with you and your guilds thinking is gear checks in sunwell, you need raidwide dps of something like 28k, thats 2k dps per person with 14 dps in the raid to get past brutallus. You wont get that with just killing illidan 2 or 3 times and moving on.

The reason its so easy on ptr is because the guilds blazing through it have been farming illidan for 8 months, guilds just killing him recently, like yours (and mine) will not be able to rush through it like others.

Fame
03-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Pre 2.4 you want to go with Deadly Cuffs since they are better then Furious Shackles imo.
Post 2.4 Onslaught Bracers