PDA

View Full Version : Helm of Stalwart Defender Vs Eternium Greathelm

Trainwrex
03-18-2008, 08:43 PM
So i had the Helm of the Stalwart Defender made before i started running kara and now the Eternium Greathelm has dropped.

Tank points is telling me the great helm is -1737 in comparison ungemmed.

i can gem up the the eternium and get the same health out of it, but i lose the 300armor that the defender has. is this a fair trade off? should i gem for socket bonus and get the +4 dodge to make up for it?

i could really use some input before i start throwing money at the greathelm.

ps. my Defender is socketed with 3 +12 stam and a +10 stam clefthide armor kit. If i decide on the greathelm it will get the keepers of time helm enchant.

edit: i dont know how to direct link from wowhead. sorry.

Berginyon
03-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Eternium is a minor upgrade and probably not worth geming/enchanting up. How close are you to downing Prince? With 2.4 coming out in 1-2 weeks and introducing a new must-have meta, any helm without a meta really drops in value.

Drakko
03-19-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm using the same Defender setup right now and I don't think there is anyway I would make that trade. The metasocket coming is too tempting and the Eternium is a lateral move at best. Save your coin for the Meta that will be a fortune for a while anyway until more JC's get the pattern and drive the price down.