PDA

View Full Version : ZA -- 4th timed chest

taro
03-18-2008, 03:23 PM
I am a tank in a BT guild (Hyjal clear, 6/9 BT), and we are having trouble clearing ZA timed. We haven't spent much time in ZA due to 25-man raiding and main raiders not wanting to spend time in ZA/having a hard time for a good group to get together at the same time, etc, but I'd really like to see the bear mount. (It'd be server first--haha yes I'm on a noobie server)

We're having most trouble with Jan'alai (Dragonhawk) trash--and I'd really appreciate it if you guys could give me some tips! Like, which way to take to get to Dragon boss-- there's one way with multiple bird groups and one where mobs are playing with a skull (this way seemed to be the spawnpoint of scouts though), how to handle trash (esp. flamecaster), etc.

We usually have a druid OT, and don't always get a mage to chain CC flamecaster--in that case we usually have them mana drained or kill it first.

Also--do guilds usually do Eagle -> Bear -> Dragon -> Lynx for timed clear?

Thanks!

nfw
03-18-2008, 03:31 PM
We generally hug the left side as much as possible while heading to the boss. For flamecasters, we will MC one to help with DPS if we have a shadowpriest, otherwise just burn them down, otherwise make sure you are good with interrupts or stuns.

Yes we take the same route as you.

Caulle
03-18-2008, 04:19 PM
We found it easier going left with the scouts than to try going right with the birds. There's a lot less trash for starters. The only problem is the potential hazard of a wipe if you're not paying attention to scouts. They're the #1 priority. If you see them, mark them, and leave them marked so you can monitor their movement behind buildings.

I'd recommend watching this video (http://files.filefront.com/Catalyst+vs+ZATimeTrialavi/;9430419;/fileinfo.html). It's from the top raiding guild on our server, and they plow through the timed event in 35 minutes. The video quality is amazing, so you can see everything going on.

byechee
03-18-2008, 04:23 PM
easiest way to do everything is to simply run 2 healers, pally and CoH priest works really good if they're pro. you'll have dps left to spare and trash especially will go much faster. the flame casters should just be killed first each time, and make sure their self buff gets removed. having a pro hunter tracking scout spawns is extremely helpful, as they can call it out and mark it, hopefully way before it becomes a problem.

tehgreen
04-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi, saw my first bear 2day was pretty awesome, the bit where the boomkin pulled off 5 s into lynx...was less than awesome.

Anyway i'd say the key is trash, take an OT that u work well with, b clear about who's tanking what (unless u have a pally in which case /follow tankadin) and as byechee said, run 2 healers, if u guys are clearing/in bt healers should b no dramas.

Specifically about dragon hawk trash, the drama is the flame casters, if u can charge, conc blow, war stomp, by that time scout should b dead and other people in the party can start chaining stuns. Other tactics include mc'ing or chain sheeping (continue sheeping whilst killing it interrupts the casts). I prefer to kill flame casters first, but in the end its all about ur group make up.

In regards to route, play eagle, bear, dragonhawk, lynx (skipping through the huts on the way to lynx helps out skips a trash pack or 2). We also hug the left wall just watch your rear for scouts.

OnourisofRavencrest
04-17-2008, 01:32 PM
We have yet to see a bear mount; we were close yesterday but our lock DC'd 10% into the bear boss. We still managed to kill Dragonhawk with 12 mins to spare 9 manning it but we had little hope of making it to linx in time missing a huge chunk of our dps. We follow the same route: Eagle, Bear, Dragon, Linx; as well as hug the left on DH trash. For tanks we use me (Warr) and a druid. We've found that Holy pally & Resto shaman + Shadow Priest = Win so now we just have to go make it happen. Happy Bear hunting to the rest of you.

Edit: Just got our first bear mount last night (Apr 22). I didn't win it, but it was still freaking awesome to see one in guild now :D

Aughban
04-18-2008, 01:35 AM
Also--do guilds usually do Eagle -> Bear -> Dragon -> Lynx for timed clear?

we don't we do lynx before dragon because sometimes you can bugger up the trash, this way you at least get 3 chests before hand

maddfez
04-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Also, going lynx --> dragon adds a lot of extra run time. The two generally accepted routes are Eagle --> Bear --> DH --> Lynx and Bear --> DH --> Eagle --> Lynx. The second route is slightly faster I've been told, but I don't want to risk the third chest ring to shave ~45 seconds off the clear.

Otherwise, skip what you can and get as much synergy into your raid group as possible.