PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Flames of Azzinoth

elio
03-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Last night we killed Illidari Council and have a few learning attempts at Illidan.

Is there any link to any video or forum on how to properly tank these.
Looking for kiting paths and distance between the 2 tanks.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Bulldozer

Kavtor
03-18-2008, 07:32 AM
Illidan_P2_Instructional.wmv - FileFront.com (http://files.filefront.com/Illidan+P2+Instructionalwmv/;8605657;/fileinfo.html)

This looked pretty good. I won't know how well it works in practice till later this week though.

Nicki
03-19-2008, 07:41 AM
Maintankadin :: View topic - Flames of Azzinoth (http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=4148&start=0)

Useful tips throughout there, i havent done it but that looks to have some good stuff! the console tip and joana's diagrams are good.

ttocs
03-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Couple pointers:

Maxing FR (and STA) >>> Hitting 490 def. Yes, hitting 490def helps, but I don't get crit often, and its usually partially resisted (I've had 3K and 5K crits). 20K HP raid buffed is a reasonable goal. I sit at 363FR (with aura) as well. I'm at about 454 defense with flask.

When you reach the end of your path, wait until your flame does his cone breath, then jump THROUGH him and turn around, so he never faces the raid. Last thing you need is a botched turn, he breathes facing the raid, and you have a dead group (or two).

You have some room to move with eyebeams. I can't make a diagram now, but depending on how you set your path, you should be fine to move around. Have a melee DPS (our rogue CL usually does this) call out what whose side it's on, though you should pick it up before then.

If in doubt, shield wall. The eye beam has about a 6yd radius. I've been hit by it once (survived with 803HP - 19793HP at the time, with 3/3 IDS.. and healers were quick), and didnt really notice it. Didn't come up in combat logs either.

They are tauntable, so if the other tank dies and you're quick enough, you can taunt the other flame and tank it. Gotta be quick before he drops a blaze in the raid or breathes.

elio
03-25-2008, 06:40 AM
Anyone know if the blue flame trail of the eye beam is still spell reflectable?
I use but I cant see it dong nothing on my side.

Thanks for the replies.

Ciderhelm
03-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Anyone know if the blue flame trail of the eye beam is still spell reflectable?
I use but I cant see it dong nothing on my side.

Thanks for the replies.
Didn't see this post.

100% not reflectable. Been a very long time since they were.