PDA

View Full Version : Fel Edged Battleaxe vs. Warbringer

dedzy
03-18-2008, 03:48 AM
I'm seeing several of these 'This vs. That' posts, forgive me if this post goes over the top.
I'm still working on my tanking skills and need some advice from you people who have more experience in these matters. So here goes: Which one of these axes should I work toward?

Here are the points I'm considering:
1) My tank is an Orc and I like the idea of reducing Parries and Dodges by 1.25%. Not in Heroics yet but hopefully will be soon.
2) I'm hardly ever swimming in rage. As such there are times I forego SS due to lack of rage, and I hardly ever use HS, mostly just boss fights. This leads me to think that Devastate is more important than HS for me, meaning that a slower axe is better. Is that just wrong and if so, why?
3) I don't need DEF on the weapon, I can get to 485 Def (non-Heroic) other ways.

Here are the Thottbot stats for both:

Fel Edged Battleaxe
One-Hand Axe
128 - 239 Damage Speed 2.20
(83.4 damage per second)
Red Socket
Socket Bonus: +3 Stamina
Durability 105 / 105
Requires Level 70
Equip: Improves hit rating by 14 (0.9%).
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 21 (1.0%).

Warbringer
Binds when picked up
Unique
One-Hand Axe
102 - 190 Damage Speed 1.80
(81.1 damage per second)
+12 Stamina
Durability 105 / 105
Requires Level 70
Requires Thrallmar - Exalted
Equip: Increases defense rating by +16 (6.8)
Equip: Improves hit rating by 7 (0.4%).

Thanks for your help and consideration!

Gehn
03-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Personally, I would still go with the Warbringer even though you dont need the defense. Weapon speed is the first thing I am looking at, Stam second.

Your issues with rage will only increase with a slower weapon.

You can then take that defense away from another slot that provides more threat itemization.

But it is your toon, dont let anyone here sway you on your items/spec/playstyle. Enjoy what you do. We all just make suggestions.

Rampagingorc
03-18-2008, 07:01 AM
i would also go with the warbringer...a faster weapon speed will increase rage generation...and more rage is always a good thing

the added defense on it will also making customizing your gear easier...being able to swap in threat pieces for trash etc.