PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 and endless rage

Pise
03-16-2008, 10:58 AM
A friend of mine has been trying out the live version of this talent in preparation for the new patch and has got me wondering. Has anybody done any numbers? Do we have any idea if it's going to provide enough rage from whites / sword procs / etc to maintain the kind of DPS that PVE arms (i know it's not top 5, but somebody's gotta do it :) ) is putting out now? Could rotating HS and using instants (improved mortal strike plus 4pc T6 seems like it might be interesting) when they come up be an acceptable or possibly even better way to DPS?

Any thoughts?

shiz98
03-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Short answer: no

Longer Answer:
I got my warrior on the PTR's to test this a couple days after 2.4 went up. What I've found is that ER is definitely nicer, but not nice enough to allow Deep Arms to be viable PvE DPS. Autoattacking while spamming MS, WW, and Overpowering on dodges, plus keeping Rend up (yes, Improved Rend, and yes, I went there) still doesn't match the DPS of an Imp. Slam build. The problem isn't Rage - you've got loads of the stuff; there's just no way to use it. Slam isn't really an option anymore due to the 1.5s autoattack pushback, and HS is pitifully bad with a 2H build.

What *might* work is a 41/20 Arms/Fury build with sword spec - bust out two quick 1Hers for Fury rage generation (with ER providing a nice boost), and then a 2H Slam spam for DPS. This doesn't work at all on the live servers due to the GCD between swapping weapons, and too little rage gotten from the Fury phase, but it might be more viable with the ER "buff." My gut says no.

Archangelneun
03-19-2008, 11:45 AM
i think its something we should try on in 2.4

byechee
03-20-2008, 11:32 AM
endless rage might be ok if you never have WF. however, that's a pretty big might and a purely conjectural statement.