PDA

View Full Version : The future legs for a casual player?

SionaAmanThul
03-14-2008, 06:10 AM
Hi all,

This is me (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vitharr). I'm riding around in Felsteel Leggings and they've served me well so far.

I'm in a casual guild that is gearing up to do Kara now and for the foreseeable future. I doubt we will ever get into 25 man content. So, it's heroics and, at best, 10 man content for me.

With this in mind, am I better off with Unwavering Legguards because of the massive SBV or should I wait for 2.4 and get Sunguard Legplates with more armor but no SBV?

Thanks for your help with this.

All the best,

Vitharr

Blackskull
03-14-2008, 07:26 AM
I have the unwavering, and I will be upgrading to the sunguard. The other stats more than make up for the 9 stam you lose and expertise is the new hotness imo. SB and SBV are all good and well, but I'd say that the Sunguard are better without a doubt.

I will be glad I have em both though.

Dunmail
03-14-2008, 08:07 AM
I was saving up for current badge legs, but having looked again at the patch ones I'm prepared to wait. The Dodge & expertise kinda do it for me, and my stammed to gunnels COT legs like your blues can soldier on.

However it depends if you really need the extra stam now, if you do then the current badge ones won't be wasted and it will make KZ & Heroics easier and improve badge farming.

I've also swapped from a casual to more raiding orientated guild, which is farming KZ purely for odd drops and easy badges. This means I have 2 decent chances at KZ/Gruul legs (a week if all goes to plan) which wouldn't go amiss until I can acrue the badges. This may partially influence my decision, but having looked again at both offerings I'd much rather have the dodge and take the extra expertise as a freebie to minimise parries on bosses.

SionaAmanThul
03-14-2008, 10:39 AM
My hesitation arises from my understanding that expertise is better for threat. So, I assume the Sunguard is a threat piece that would prove useful in 25 man content when you have a serious raid behind you and you need to keep up TPS. However, in heroics and 10 man content, stamina and SBV may prove more useful.

Of course, I could be completely off base.

ebs2002
03-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Expertise/Hit is great for boss fights, and OK for trash.
SBV is great for trash and boss fights that hit quick but soft (ie, Prince in Kara), and OK for other boss fights.

I currently have Unwavering, but will most likely buy the 2.4 legs, and I'll be glad I have them both. If I had to choose one, though, I'd go with the 2.4 legs (especially if they increase the armor on the 2.4 gear)

SionaAmanThul
03-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks. I believe they did increase the armor already to 1500+.