PDA

View Full Version : Guild Raiding Requirements

Taowlie
03-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Soo Hey everyone!

My guild uses a sign up page for raids on our forums. We always have 4 Tank spots, 8 Healing spots, and 13 Dps spots. Sometimes we only get 7 healers, but before getting another DPS we just try to pug another healer. I dont really know why, but we just do it. Is my guild being too strict on bringing exactly 4 tanks, 8 healers and 13 DPS? How many of each do you guys bring?

On another note, I was a healer Pre-BC and I played a priest. I rarely used flash heal back then, mostly using Heal rank 2-4 and Greater Heal. I looked at some of my guilds healers WWS and I see they are using flash heal ALOT. Do any of you guys know about healing?? Has it changed that much, or are they just doing it wrong?

--Edit---
We are 5/6 SSC and 3/4 TK. Looking to down Vashj this week.

Jericho
03-19-2008, 04:27 AM
To put it simply ... yes you are being too strict bringing a certain amount of each type of person to a raid. You are working on Vash/Kael soon, and you should realize that Vash is a 2 tank fight...period, the end. You can roll in there with people respeccing to DPS, ferals in cat form, etc. However, you are doing yourself a disservice.

Moving forward you are going to over heal and over tank encounters more and more often. When you get into Hyjal there Rage/Anetheron are fights you can do with as few as 6 healers, while other encounters in T6 require 7-10. Some encounters require 1 tank (Najentus, Teron, Archimonde) while others require 2-3 tanks (Supremus, Akama, Gurtogg, Mother, Council, Illidan). Needless to say, you need to be more flexible in raid makeup and your guild members need to understand that sometimes they are going to sit or be swapped out for the betterment of the group. While you may not have to swap tanks for dps (Feral) or healers (Prot Pally), you are usually better off doing so.

Specifically, SSC/TK can be done easily with 7 Healers in most of the encounters.