PDA

View Full Version : Ranged Warior Ability

Daboull
03-13-2008, 01:53 PM
I was thinking, all of us wariors got a ranged wepon. We really only shoot them once if we decide to do a ranged pull. Dont ya think it would be cool if we had an ability to make that one shot do somthing more?

You have probaly seen the bronze darts for sale in AH, they look just like throwing spears, exept they are really low level. They sorta reminded me of a movie id wached recently; Troy, were before closing into a fight, Achilies threw his spear and impaled a guy ridding twords him.

Thease two seperate ideas got me thinking, woudlent a warior ability combined with a much better bronze dart (or throwing spear, maby warrior only) be really awsome for pulling. As far as the ability goes, i have had several ideas, but would like to see other sugestions from all of you too. Some of my idea have been knockdown, or stun effects, or maby a silence so that casters woudl be forced to engage you in mele. Some extra threat generation would be nice too.

My hope is if we could all come up with a really good idea, maby we could present it to blizzard, and hope they consider it.

-Daboull of Malfurion
<ALLIANCE BANE>

Leytur
03-13-2008, 02:08 PM
I was thinking of just that today. It would be nice to have some sort of "enraged shoot" type skill where there's innate threat similar to a revenge or SS. Just on the one mob we hit. Don't want to take anything away from pallies. But it sure would be nice to ranged pull and know you had a LITTLE bit of threat on that first target.

Sildas
03-13-2008, 03:33 PM
I'd love an instant ranged to attack, so I don't have to time the pull perfectly, and pray that the patrol doesn't suddenly stop. Some extra threat on it would be awesome, but I'm not too picky.

fastidius
03-13-2008, 06:18 PM
ya i like the idea however ill throw this out as a seconds threat creator.....

The Decapitator. sounds like what you want by another means.

shoot, decapitate, weapon swap and tank......

Daboull
03-13-2008, 08:13 PM
that axe would be nice, but its almost impossible for recreational players to get because it drops in kara

Domichi
03-14-2008, 05:58 AM
I often use the decapitator for this purpose. Start in zerker stance, pop zerker rage and bloodrage, throw the decapitator, intercept and change to tanking sword and board, defense stance and start tanking. Of course I only do this on mobs/bosses that I need try and tank where they stand and not pull them back to me. I don't know of any other item in the game that something like this is possible except for maybe Linkin's boomerang from Un'goro Crater.

loquatious
03-14-2008, 06:17 AM
I too am a Decapitator Fan Boy - instant pull or simply extra hate -- Get one TODAY!

Arrivan
03-14-2008, 06:28 AM
What I really want is the Spartan Well-Kick, but an instant ranged attack would be nice too. (Prince hates me and has given literally every other warrior in the guild a Decapitator or even two and I haven't even got one)

HeroicBug
03-17-2008, 07:57 AM
Troy, 300, Gladiator, all these movies have a scene where the hero throws a well placed weapon at an enemy in a very cool manner.

Gameplay wise, i've been thinking about an ability like this for a while, perhaps for one of the new abilites Wrath of the Lich King will bring.

However, it will have to balanced out, pally tanks dont get any ranged pulls and if we get too powerful of an ability, Hunters will want something equilly impressive.

I kind of thought maybe an ability that throws whatever weapon your currently weilding and deals damage based on that weapons damage, but you'd be vulnerable for three seconds, cause you'd have no weapon.

Just my thoughts.

Tristessa
03-17-2008, 04:56 PM
I often use the decapitator for this purpose. Start in zerker stance, pop zerker rage and bloodrage, throw the decapitator, intercept and change to tanking sword and board, defense stance and start tanking. Of course I only do this on mobs/bosses that I need try and tank where they stand and not pull them back to me. I don't know of any other item in the game that something like this is possible except for maybe Linkin's boomerang from Un'goro Crater.
Goddamn, I lost the roll for that last night.

Cool idea though...

uraha
03-17-2008, 06:22 PM
The "trick" I use is to wait until after you are in combat to use Bloodrage. 1 Rage gained is 1 point of threat earned.

All too often I pull by hitting mob 1 with a bullet, mage sheeps mob 2, mobs 3 and 4 kill mage, healer tries to heal mage, now has aggro and I have to burn my AOE taunt.

By hitting Bloodrage after the combat pulse, the threat cause by a late POM buff or a sheep or any of the mob debuffs (Fairy Fire, Curse of whatever, ...) is negated and I can get a thunderclap in to lock them on me.

I really do like the Decapitator idea though. I may have to experiment with that.

Hanoumatoi
03-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Uraha, try letting the mage sheep pull, standing in the way, and hitting TC as the mobs run by. Getting your rage precombat is better if you have Anger Management, since you get an extra 3 rage out of it. That or just make sure you shoot before the mage sheeps, since if you do, the mobs won't go for the mage.

Foolishness
03-31-2008, 10:59 PM
usually i read suggestions and think they are really dumb.

But this i think could not only be cool, but a balanced and reasonable addition to the warrior class.

Way i would see it, is a thrown weapon ability (single target) with a long cast time with 400 innate threat or so.

This way warriors could pull a pack of multiple mobs with a good head start on threat for at least one of them. It would give warriors a good advantage on multiple pulls, while still being tasteful, tactical, and a completely different way of managing groups when compared to mindless pally aoe spam.

Currently if i want to do something like this i use my khorium destroyer, followed by a decapitator throw. However this isn't particularly fluid and more often i would rather mentally prepare myself for how i am going to grab the 4 mobs without worrying about switching weapons around.

also decapitator has a 3 minute cooldown, and in heroics i pull alot faster than once every 3 minutes.