PDA

View Full Version : How much SR for Mother

momomo
03-10-2008, 01:31 AM
my guilds starting it and i was just wondering how much i should have for mt it also for ot.

Loon
03-10-2008, 01:57 AM
our MT has 150ish SR or so (neck and cloak with enchant) with priest buff.

as OT i have 330ish SR (cloak with enchant, neck, bracers, belt, boots and a old t4 head with SR enchant)

have worked fine for us sofar.

Narshe
03-10-2008, 03:56 AM
I use zero SR when MTing. 150 unbuffed (neck, cloak, bracers) when I play OT role.

maddfez
03-10-2008, 08:11 AM
We got our first kill this week. Our feral MT wore neck + bracers (80 SR unbuffed). Myself and the other OT wore about 250 unbuffed. MT / OT damage never seemed to be a real issue.

Ceravantes
03-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Me and the other OT wear max sr, 365, the mt wears none.

Gorgrim Warcry
03-10-2008, 01:05 PM
We will be working on her soon hopefully, just out of curiosity what does the rest of the raid have for SR?

maddfez
03-10-2008, 02:24 PM
As close to 365 buffed as possible...it really is the most important stat for the encounter.

byechee
03-10-2008, 03:17 PM
they removed the parry mechanic so just wear your max avoidance gear for her. threat shouldn't be an issue and sinful beams won't kill you. the only thing that might tickle is an FA on top of her, but healers should be able to heal through that.

Ratholorn
03-10-2008, 08:43 PM
they removed the parry mechanic
Are you 100% sure it has been removed?
I haven't tanked Mother since pre-Christmas so maybe they have I'm just asking because to my knowledge the removal of the parry thrash was something Blizzard 'wanted' to do with Mother but had not yet.

Exhibit A: (My combat log)
11/26 22:52:47.250 Mother Shahraz hits you for 7321. (808 blocked)
11/26 22:52:47.593 Deathwish attacks. Mother Shahraz parries.
11/26 22:52:47.593 Mickwzzle attacks. Mother Shahraz parries.
11/26 22:52:47.890 Mother Shahraz attacks. You dodge.

Exhibit B: (Blizzard poster Daelo)
Also in a later patch, we’ll be able to disable the “decreased melee swing time” effect caused by Mother Shahraz parrying a melee attack. The parry mechanic is exacerbating the already rather intense burst damage that Mother Shahraz can inflict.

To answer the OP however, I wear neck and cape to MT and get the Priest buff and then yes prioritise mitigation over threat (and expertise obviously). The entire rest of the raid (including the OTs) is in 365 SR (Saberlash doesn't crit or crush so you don't even need the def-cap to OT just a shed-load of HP).

Jericho
03-12-2008, 05:43 AM
There was a public statement about 2 weeks ago that they in fact Hotfixed Shahraz and Nalorak in ZA to not have Parry Haste any longer.

As for Tank/Raid SR...

Your MT needs ZERO

Your OT theoretically need zero as well, but for safeties sake and for the simple fact that there is absolutely no good reason (besides being unable to afford the hearts) to not have 365 SR on your two OT's. They are there to soak up damage period. The less dmg they soak from beams and FA the easier they are to keep up.

The raid ... well thats another story. Some guilds do it with Cloak/Neck + 2 pieces of the epic crafted gear putting them in the high 200s. The more you get, the better off you are. My guild does it with 333 buffed. While we could afford to go higher with it, its not beneficial to us to do so.

Sparan
03-14-2008, 10:32 AM
My guild did Mother for the first time last night, intending only to pull her a couple times for fun since only about 1/3 of our raiders have any SR and those that do lack pants. Thing is, I don't think it's any longer necessary to concern ourselves too much with SR for that encounter... neither of my OTs had SR on, I wore none, and only about 7 people total had more than neck and cape and we easily 1-shot her.

As far as the parry haste removal is concerned, has anyone tested dps warriors in their damage gear sans board since the removal of this mechanic? Obviously their damage income would go up considerably but as I recall the saber lash was laughable really, and I'm half-tempted to say you could pull it off if the warrior stayed in battle stance to reduce some damage.

strife-guild.com for quasi-proof of the low SR kill.

Tankage
03-15-2008, 05:45 AM
I wear 150 unbuffed SR as an OT in this fight.

Lobo
04-15-2008, 08:43 AM
I do no SR with max avoidance the two OTs have a mix of SR and the rest of the raid is at 365. It's really one of the easiest fights in there once everyone (and I really mean everyone) is capped on SR.

Edit: She parries like a mofo too, so I'd advise putting in a little expertise gear too.