PDA

View Full Version : Raid Leader Quotes

Kaganda
03-08-2008, 10:34 AM
NOTE: Not 100% sure if this belongs here, but I'm sure Cider will move it if necessary.

We've all heard the Onyxia raid leader discussing positioning and the handling of whelps. Most of us also know that raiding is not rocket surgery. Years later these raid leaders are still quoted, for better or worse. Do you have a favorite line that you've used, or heard one of your RL's use?

My best, or at least most quoted RL outburst, came in AQ20 back in Summer '06. My guild was mostly casual, but when I ran the 20 man raids, I pushed people to focus , and they usually stepped it up. My mantra was always the same at the beginning of a raid:

"Never walk in front of the tank between pulls. If you get aggro, DO NOT run away. When I call wipe, sit down and die. NEVER talk to NPC's, that's my job."

One night in AQ20, I had a player who broke every rule, culminating with talking to Andorov and starting the Rajaxx event while we were handling Kurinaxx loot. I don't recall the players name, but the quote is as follows:

"Goddammit, <player>, from now on you don't even take a piss unless I tell you to."

To this day I still get random tells from people asking if they can take a piss...

Kraygor
04-04-2008, 02:03 AM
It's not really a quote for me, but on my old server my guild was running MC at 70 for kicks. I had assistant for marking targets and such. We had just killed Gehennas and the RL was about to distribute loot, so a I had a minute of downtime. A couple guys were still en route to the instance so I went to type /razone and see if they were inside for summoning.

Synapses misfired in my brain, and my 70 WAM fingers fired off a quick /radisband. Auto-hearth kicked in for everyone regardless of the fact that we got them all reinvited to the raid. I never lived that one down.

Sardaukarr
04-04-2008, 07:22 AM
RL, in bear form, is assigning "jobs" to the other tanks.

An over-eager mage asks "What's my job?"

Without missing a beat, RL replies "Your job is to shut up and sheep something whenever I need to wipe my &$#!"

Kaganda
04-06-2008, 03:59 PM
It's not really a quote for me, but on my old server my guild was running MC at 70 for kicks. I had assistant for marking targets and such. We had just killed Gehennas and the RL was about to distribute loot, so a I had a minute of downtime. A couple guys were still en route to the instance so I went to type /razone and see if they were inside for summoning.

Synapses misfired in my brain, and my 70 WAM fingers fired off a quick /radisband. Auto-hearth kicked in for everyone regardless of the fact that we got them all reinvited to the raid. I never lived that one down.

Cider can beat that one. I'll give him some time to post his flub, or I will :P

Ciderhelm
04-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Cider can beat that one. I'll give him some time to post his flub, or I will :P

Rofl. /radisband typed a lot like /gdisband :D

Sangi
04-09-2008, 07:52 AM
I found this in a thread the other day discussing raid leading tactics. They were speaking of people who find motivation based of off being called out. apparently the RL is fairly notorius for speaking like this. I'm going to link it as there is some strong language in it.

Sebudai (http://www.wowinsider.com/media/2006/12/sebspeakerwg2.jpg)

Galdor
04-25-2008, 03:35 AM
My favorite is old one in Molten Core at Baron Geddon, after some wipes my instructions changed to:
If you get the bomb - run to the wall, if Madowx gets the bomb - raid run to the wall.

Sonmerlong
04-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Ok so im a bit tipsy (not a raid unless i have a drink or two)

We are clearing to fathom lord and of course have a lot of mobs CC'd
And once again a person(who is notorious for this) is attacking a mob i did NOT call out to be DPS'd, breaking the CC

So over vent i say "******* stop dps'ing squicle"

Meant to say square, but right before i said square the SAME GUY attacked circle, so it came out squircle.

Sigh, i am such a nub sometimes.

The good news? Circle killed the raid member and was promptly re-sheeped, thus keeping him from breaking further CC.

Nuberino
04-30-2008, 08:46 AM
I find there are evenings I cannot speak english eloquently and half my commands come out as garbled half words. My raid pokes some fun at me :p

hbombs
05-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I would imagine the vashj fight and tainted core created tons of these little quotes. There were to many to list so im gonna just mention the best one.

We are going over strats about the core and who its being thrown to and what not. So the raid leader says you throw it to so and so and he throws it to me. " I am the ultimate catcher" proceeded to fly out of his mouth...

we lost a good 5 minutes of explanation time to people spamming tainted core macros with that quoted in them.

SunderMonkey
05-15-2008, 05:43 AM
when aproaching one of the bog lords in ssc, i noticed that it was suceptible to fire damage. we where running a pug ssc, and for some reason had 6 mages.

"If any of you fire mages pull agro on this bog lord im going to f*** your mother"

to wich i received this response

"well then im not going to dps at all, my mother is a very nice lady"

Kitria
05-15-2008, 12:28 PM
MT/RL in MC explaining Ragnaros: "Can I get <warlock> to put an imp right here next to Rag." As he jumps up and down right next to the boss.

MT/Raid Leader in ZG: "And when Hakkar submerges you go get poisoned by the sons."

Our current raid leader: "After the infernal is dead everyone go beat off the boss..."

Oda
05-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Valeastraz: We seemed to have trouble with people who were about to explode and die horribly not moving out of the way to the west side of the room.

Raid Leader: "If you're about to blow up, move to the west wall. It's not hard to miss. It's a fucking wall and it's to the fucking west."

Jynavi
05-16-2008, 09:57 AM
While doing the guantlet up the hill to the eagle boss in Zul'Aman, I was handling the troll adds. Not really thinking at thie time, I said in vent "trolls in our rear." The next thing I hear is a chorus of "ewwws" in vent.

So now whenever we do that guantlet, the add announcement in vent is everything from "trolls coming up from behind" to "trolls in our rears."

lorelye
05-17-2008, 03:13 AM
Our raid has a marvelous sense of humor all the time. One of my favorites, one night all the women in the raid started telling a guy to "Tank harder!"

In case anyone hasn't heard these, here is a list of "things not to say":
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~dmackay/troxed.html