PDA

View Full Version : Am i good for prince stat wise?

Unsurper
03-08-2008, 03:51 AM
15156 armor, 13794 hp, 527 defense, 19.82 dodge/18.31 parry/23.29 block
unbuffed armory is down again but unsurper is the in game char name.

I notice some people saying that they use commanding shout during this fight, how in world would you weave this in during the second phase considering for a split second you are in zerker stance and recieve an addition 10% damage?

this will be my second attempt on him, we had a long run clearing up to him and the raid was pretty much spent at that point, we mad 2 attempts, got him to 40%, I believe this is beyond the second phase, second attempt a certain caster who was a fill in and out gear pretty much all of us forgot to pay attention to their threat meter and pulled him.

Really not a lot to go off of, I plan on using the elixir of detect demon, supposedly this will help me navigate the infernals if and when I need to move prince, keep my back to the wall of course, always insure sb and my imp tc are always up to help with midagation and I will be using a flask of fortification and agility and protection scrolls, some of my gear is subpar, I 'am well aware of this, I run heroic mech on a daily basis for suneater and other pieces have simply not droped yet. you have to do with what you have for the time being, I 'am sure many of you been in the same situation.
If the hunter keep scorpid shot up will this be effective and does demorilizing actually work against prince or is he immune?
Thanks for input, much appreciated.

Arrivan
03-08-2008, 05:36 AM
I'll structure my reply in point form because it looks cool and it's easier.

1. Commanding Shout is usable in all stances, the only problem with it is fitting it into a free global cooldown.
2. Shield Block like mad during phase 2. You will probably still get crushed because he attacks so bloody fast though. If you have Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch, pop it at the start of phase 2 and every time it's up afterwards.
3. I've never thought of using that demon detection elixir to be honest. I haven't needed it, but your mileage may vary.
4. Scorpid Sting = good. Demoralising Shout works against all bosses and should be up at all times, although I can say first hand that it is difficult to do so as the tank. If you have a DPS warrior, have them do it. Don't make them do Thunder Clap if they're Arms or Fury, it wastes way too much rage to stance dance every 30 seconds and hurts their DPS too much. A second Prot warrior could do it though, they generally won't be doing much DPS anyway.
5. Your stats are fine. Just stack on all the usual stam buffs and you'll be set.

Steakums
03-08-2008, 08:42 PM
All shouts can be used in all stances..no reason to be in anything but Defensive period.

mattdeeze
03-08-2008, 10:41 PM
You need to keep him at max range for your casters and healers. if you try to reposition him to avoid the infernals you will either move out of range of your healers, or get him too close to them. If an infernal pops on you, you just have to eat the blasts. they dont do too much damage, and the alternative is pretty ugly. also pop a greater stoneshield pot right before the second phase and on every cooldown till you are thru the phase. Dont use the elixir, it will just make you want to move him. and the results wont be good. A lot of luck involved on that fight as far as where the infernals pop. Yes. he can be affected by demo shout, keep that, commanding shout, and TC up at all times. And spam Shield Block every single cooldown. There is some kind of agro reduction between phases. so dps should back off for a couple seconds at each phase change. Otherwise, your stats look fine for Prince :) GL and enjoy your first prince kill!

Foolishness
03-09-2008, 07:12 AM
There is no reason to go into berserker stance on prince. Only do this if you would like a repair bill. Scorpid sting would be great.

Use a shaman with the agility totem

Keep commanding shout up the whole time

Keep thunder clap up the whole time

Keep demoralizing shout up the whole time

keep shield block up the whole time

Do not use detect demon elixers. Someone else in your raid should be guiding everyone where to stand. Not you. Prince requires too much concentration for you to worry about where everyone is standing.

Radhja
03-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Your stats look fine for Prince. Just bear in mind that even the best groups can wipe on Prince because the fight depends largely on the Infernals' positioning. This fight is all about mobility and reaction in the face of a hefty beatdown, particularly during P2.

As far as the "caster that pulled aggro", tell him to L2Omen or GTFO. There is NO excuse for aggro-jerking on this fight. As long as your ability rotation is on and you're SURVIVING, that's all you need to worry about. The random asshat who doesn't know how to watch his threat shouldn't even see Prince, even if he does outgear you (which means that he's probably some scrub who gets his guild to run him thru higher content that he doesn't really have to pay attention to... watch out for these guys.)

Good luck, and may your tier drop for ya. :)

Unsurper
03-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Got him down on the second attempt, he got a lucky/unlucky string of crit on me during the second phase, 4K/4k/5k/1.5k between heals, i'm guess it was thrash with a parry....second attempt went well though, healing was on top of their game and lucky spawn of infernals.....thanks to all gave advice, much appreciated and it did help.

fastidius
03-10-2008, 06:59 PM
firstly he shouldn't crit you at all....he may crush but even then you should have shield block up for 2 of them...

Keep plugging 8)

Kendoka
03-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Grats on your success. Like Radhja said, many still wipe are from infernal positioning. There has been many time where our melees or range/healer has been completely blocked off because of some unlucky infernal landing.