PDA

View Full Version : Noob gear set question!

Progress
03-07-2008, 02:16 AM
Hi,
I recently started off tanking Karazhan as a warrior. I only have one set of gear here The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronzebeard&n=Progress).

I hear everybody talking about different sets of armour (avoidence/Eh etc) and i am assuming mine is an effective health set. Which set should i go for next? EH is for tanking bosses right? so i need a kit for tanking the trash. Should i just get PvP gear and get 12000 health and 490 def then stack up the critical strike, hit chance, and strength on it?

Thanks

Tatt
03-07-2008, 09:26 AM
I won't say you are undergeared for kara because I will get shouted down about skill or some other crap, but with your stats you will need 3 very good healers. I don't think you need to worry about gear sets at the moment, just an overall good tanking set to get you through kara. None of the fights there require special gear, an all around set will work fine IMO.

ebs2002
03-07-2008, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't really call your gear an EH set, because for it to be an EH set you have to compare it to another set. You are gemming for STA in most aspects, though, so that's good.

For trash tanking, don't do PVP gear, get more shield block value, expertise and hit rating.

If you recently started Karazhan, where's your Violet Signet? Even at the lowest tier, that's gotta be better than your 43sta ring.

If you only really have enough gear for one tanking set, I highly recommend the TankPoints addon. You can see both the tankpoints and the EH value of each item, and while a lot of people say it's worthless if you know how to judge gear just by looking at it, those people aren't just starting raid content. When I was just starting, I looked at Tank Points to build my "all-around" set. As I started getting more gear and experience, I relied on it less and less.

Progress
03-08-2008, 05:34 AM
Thanks for replies. I should have mentioned im off-tanking Kara not tanking it. Dont you need to be friendly with the violet eye to get the signet? I know i have rubbish gear but there really is no where else i can go. I need badges to get some decent stuff but im not hard enough to do heroics so where else do i turn to?