PDA

View Full Version : What resistance set do you use?

SionaAmanThul
03-05-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm currently grinding badges in anticipation of running Kara someday. I run heroics on a daily basis. I was wondering if it would make my live easier getting a few resistance gear sets. I could use the fire RES against that pain in the &@$ fire boss in Mech. Shadow Resistance would make Arc somewhat easier. Nature resistance would make SP, UB and SV easier.

So, if easier means quicker runs, investing in some resistance sets makes sense.

What gear sets do you use?

ebs2002
03-05-2008, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't expect the nature resistance to be a huge deal in Coilfang Reservoir. Maybe the first boss in SV (those storms can be a bitch, but is easily avoided). Maybe the last boss in UB, but I'm not sure that would mean "quicker runs".

I could see the fire set being used on the fire boss in Mech, but only if you have all ranged DPS (or your melee DPS also has high fire resist). Even on wipes on her, I'm the last one standing...it's the other DPS that always die and cause a wipe.

Shadow resist, on the other hand, is big for heroics. The first boss in Arcatraz, and the first boss in Mana Tombs, both do 100% shadow damage, and are completely trivialized with high shadow resistance (note: you can wear high-shadow res cloth/leather/mail and be just fine against these, assuming they have a decent amount of sta on them).

Arcane resistance could be useful if you're not sacrificing too much AC/HP in Mechanar/Arcatraz sentinels, and would be helpful when tanking Curator in Mech, but really isn't necessary at all. If you have it, go ahead and wear it, but it's not worth spending the gold on it just yet.

I'm doing Kara and ground out almost 300 badges (more than 50% of them earned doing heroics), and I have a shadow resist set that's mostly cloth and leather, and that's it.

Notalda
03-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Don't use resist gear for heroics. There's only one and only one boss where it actually helps a noticable amount: Zethek the Unbound in Arca. All the rest, resist gear doesn't help much, if at all (been there, tried it, I have capped FR, NR and almost capped SR, along with ~150 AR; tried them all on the respective bosses, and had far more success with my normal tanking gear).

You're better off spending your badges on proper tank items, or save them for 2.4.

Wrath
03-06-2008, 03:37 AM
totally agree with Notalda...

If you arent raiding 25īs then resistance gear is a total waste of badges...

Keep your badges and get the good 2.4 high-itemlevel tankgear - which should solve any heroic issues for you ;)

Narshe
03-06-2008, 04:03 AM
You can always buy some resistance greens, they are not very expensive. Fire res for 2nd boss of mechanar and last boss of ramparts and shadow res in first bosses of Mana Tombs and Arcatraz comes very handy.

SionaAmanThul
03-06-2008, 04:35 AM
How do I know what is a resistance green?

Notalda
03-06-2008, 05:24 AM
randomitem of Resistance Protection are the ones you're looking at.

Say, search for "of Nature Protection" on the AH, or "of Shadow Protection", and so on and so forth.

Those kind of items have a decent amount of stamina and resistance (as opposed to "of Shadow Resistance", which only has resistance).

I still don't see why you'd want resistance, it helps very little (I did all of those bosses w/o resistance when I was in blues & kara gear, only used ~100 SR for the mana tombs 1st boss and Zethek). The rest, you can pretty easily avoid the damage completely that you'd need the resist gear for (staying out of fire, lightning clouds and other nasty stuff is really not hard).