PDA

View Full Version : PvE and Armor Penetration. What to give up?

Vicious0093
03-04-2008, 03:57 PM
First off, I've been reading these forums for a long time and playing WoW since release, just never bothered to register and contribute today. Secondly, I appologize if this is in the wrong forum, I saw at least 2-3 that it could have fit in and just figured this would work.

So, on to the good stuff. I've decided to start getting my prot warrior some fury gear because I missed DPSing naxx and aq40 on my warrior pre-bc. I'm pretty much caught up on all the changes after reading Meeks guide, so I started looking at gear.

I made 2 different sets of gear. One focuses on AP/Str/Crit, the other on Armor Penetration(Arp from now on). The second set sacrifices some of those other stats in order to stack Arp.

The difference between the two sets is that with the Arp set I would lose about 1-2% crit, 100-150 AP, and 6-10 hit. In turn, I gain about 1130 Arp(don't have the exact numbers on me). This seemed like a pretty decent tradeoff, but when I ran the numbers in the DPS sim at maxdps.com, the difference was only 15-20 dps. I know that simulator isn't exactly accurate, in fact it's several hundres dps off on my enhancement shaman.

Could anyone tell me if the Arp would scale better than the AP/Str/Crit gear?

Also, all the numbers I used were unbuffed, and didn't include CoR or executioner.