PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Kara tomorrow

Bigges
03-04-2008, 01:09 AM
New to the forums here [So Hello =)]

The]The World of Warcraft Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Coilfang&n=Bigges) World of Warcraft Armory[/url]

Tomorrow my guild is going into Kara with me as the MT. Now before now we had a pretty geared Feral druid tanking who was doing an amazing job. Our guild has already cleared all of Karazhan, and I have managed to pick up a couple of pieces of tanking gear along the way.

Now I tried inquiring about how I'm looking in terms of gear/talents on the WoW forums but found the responses didn't really answer any questions I had. And before anyone says it, Yes I have read the stickies and the guides about tanking and pre-kara tanking gear.

That said, I am pretty confident in what I have right now, I have been lucky enough to get a King's defender and Wrynn's legs. I am mostly just looking to see if anyone sees anything I may of overlooked along the way, or just some general tanking tips/strats that you have found helpful in your experiences in tanking.

My general routine as far as a rotation goes is:
SS>Revenge>Devastatex2>Shield block>SS>revenge>devastatex3
Then just using devastate to keep the debuff up, heroic striking whenever I have the rage, and of course keeping thunderclap and demo shout up as well.

Again, thanks for any feedback you guys may have =)

Shortypop
03-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Gear-wise, as you say you have the advantage of having kara drops before MT'ing it, your two weakest slots would be shield (pvp shield or sha'tar are the obvious upgrades) and ranged (gyro-balanced khorium destroyer).

Your spec looks pretty standard (or close to it) - my only concern is "Then just using devastate to keep the debuff up" - you should be pretty much keeping the same rotation/skill usage throughout a fight, devestate is an awesome threat move.

Bigges
03-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Well, I have the honor to purchase the S1 shield right now. Is that better than the Sha'tar shield? I've heard mixed opinions on it, both from guildies and forum goers. I am currently working on the gun but won't have it by tomorrow.

I will try to modify my skill rotation if that is a concern, working in Devastate more often.

So I guess my only question now would be the one above. S1 shield or Sha'tar. Or wait for Nightbane to show me some love :rolleyes:

Shortypop
03-04-2008, 02:38 AM
Assuming solid stars in the sha'tar (and equal enchants):

Gladiator:
5197 armour
45 stam
134 block
29 resilience

Sha'tar:
44654 armour
43 stam
132 block
13 def

If you've the honour and aren't saving for anything else I'd get the gladiators, especially if you don't have the sha'tar reputation. Ofc, by getting either shield you also increase the chance that nightbane drops his :)

Bigges
03-04-2008, 02:49 AM
Haha, well I went ahead and just got the S1 shield. Will be putting a +18 stamina on it before the raid tomorrow.

So far I'm up to 13k health unbuffed and 16K+ armor unbuffed. Can't wait =)

Will have to buy some primals and get that gun made as well.

Thanks for your replies , you've been a great help. can't wait for my shield off nightbane lol