PDA

View Full Version : Spell Reflection Guide

Meatballs
03-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Sorry about the lack of updates, life gets in the way and all that. Updated without colours now! Does anyone have any Sunwell info?

Bosses:

Sunwell Plateau:

Black Temple:

Illidan - Flame Crashes. If you get the reflect off before he finishes casting, you'll reflect the initial tick of damage when he lands. This only works for the cast, once the patch is on the ground you take full damage. <Caulle>

Reliquary of Souls, Essence of Desire - Deaden: Increases damage taken by 100&#37;. 1 second cast, 10 second duration <gyre>.
Illidari Council, Gathios the Shatterer: Seal of Command: Judging this command deals 6175 to 6825 Holy damage? Instant cast. Fully Reflectable? <gyre>

Mount Hyjal:

Tempest Keep:

Kael’Thas, Phoenix – Fire Nova <Kavel/brain9h>
Al'ar - Meteor: Knocks back target. Nullify effect. x second cast <Kavel>.
Flame Patch: Causes x damage per second. Destroyed with Spell Reflect <Joanadark>. Not working as of patch 2.4

Serpentshrine Cavern:
Vashj, Striders: Mindblast ?
Leotheras the Blind, Inner Demon - Shadowbolt: xx damage. Fully Reflectable. x second cast.
Morogrim - None (except Murlock casts?).

Karazhan:
Attumen – Intangible Presence: Reduces chance to hit/spellhit by 50%. Nullify Effect? Instant Cast. Duration 12s. <Chuunks>

Trash:

BT:
Illidari Archon - Holy Smite: Smites an enemy, inflicting 1350 to 1650 Holy damage? 1.5 second cast. <gyre>
Promenade Sentinel - L1 Arcane Charge (NOT L5): Causes 1259 to 1391 Arcane damage to an enemy target? Instant Cast. <gyre>
Coilskar Wrangler - Lightning Prod: Strikes an enemy with a lightning bolt that jumps to nearby enemies. The spell affects the target and any nearby allies, inflicting 2775 to 3225 Nature damage to each target? 3 second cast. <gyre>

MH:
Gargoyle: Gargoyle Strike <gyre>
Banshee: Banshee Wail <gyre>
Shadowy Necromancer, Full reflect. <Dany>
Banshees, Full Reflect <Satrina>

TK:
Crystalcore Devastators – Countercharge: Charges the caster with Arcane energy, adding 1497 to 1653 additional Arcane damage to melee attacks. Fully Reflectable. 1.5 second cast.
Crystalcore Sentinal? - Overcharge: Charges a massive burst of energy that deals 14250 to 15750 Arcane damage. Fully Reflectable. 2 second cast.

SSC:
Coilfang Shatterer - Shatter Armor: Target receives a 25% reduction to armor and reduces melee damage by 25%? Fully Reflectable, 3? second cast.
Acid Geyser AND Atrophic blow from Underbog Colossus from the entrance to tidewalker / Leotheras (Karathress's room ones are different). Fullly reflectable. <Dany>

Karazhan:

Ethereal Spellfilcher: Arcane Volley <gyre>
Skeletal Usher: Ice Tomb <Polar>
Skeletal Waiter: Brittle Bones. Debuffs the target and randomly reduces their armour to 0? Nullify Effect. Instant Cast. <Chuunks>

Zul'aman:

Amani'shi Medicine Man: Lightning Bolt <gyre>
Amani'shi Wind Walker: Lightning Bolt <gyre>

5 Man:

Sethekk Halls:
Talon King Ikiss - Polymorph: Turns target into a sheep. Nullify effect. x second cast.
Nexus Prince Shaffar – Something, Fully Reflect. <Kerg>
Sirens in Heroic SteamVaults. Fear – Fully Reflect. <Bodasafa>
Destroyers in Tempest Keep. Countercharge – Fully Reflect. <Bodasafa>
Rift Lord in Black Morass. Shadow Volley, Frostbolt and Pyroblast – Fully Reflect. <Bodasafa>

To be combined: Spells to reflect - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft (http://www.wowwiki.com/Spells_to_Spell_Reflect) <jlafleur>

Polar
03-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Karazhan:
Skeletal Ushers - Ice Tomb. Nullify.

torand
03-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Tidalvess' Frost Shock on the Fathom Lord fight is NOT spell reflectable at all. I have timed it so that spell reflect is just up before it is cast, and it does nothing.

gyre
03-04-2008, 05:10 AM
Serpentshrine Cavern:

Leotheras the Blind/Inner Demon: Shadow Bolt.
Coilfang Shatterer: Shatter Armor

Tempest Keep:

Crystalcore Devastator: Countercharge
Crystalcore Sentinel: Overload

Black Temple:

Reliquary of Souls/Essence of Desire: Deaden.

Illidari Council/Gathios the Shatterer: Judgement can be reflected when he has the Seal of Command buff on him.

Illidari Archon: Holy Smite
Promenade Sentinel: L1 Arcane Charge (but not L5)
Coilscar Wrangler: Lightning Prod

Hyjal Summit:

Gargoyle: Gargoyle Strike
Banshee: Banshee Wail

Karazhan:

Ethereal Spellfilcher: Arcane Volley
Skeletal Usher: Ice Tomb

Zul'aman:

Amani'shi Medicine Man: Lightning Bolt
Amani'shi Wind Walker: Lightning Bolt

-- gyre --

Astennu
03-04-2008, 05:36 AM
Dont forget you can spell reflect the shadowbolts from the nethermancers in MH too.

In Black Temple there is deadon on EoS you need to reflect.
and yesterday i noticed i could spell reflect the fireball from Illidan in phase 2 as well. not timeable ofc but you wont take dmg from that one cast.

Dany
03-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Serpentshrine Cavern: Acid Geyser from Underbog Colossus from the entrance to tidewalker / Leotheras (Karathress's room ones are different). Full reflect.

Hyjal: Shadowy Necromancer, Full reflect.

Caulle
03-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Flame Crashes on Illidan. If you get the reflect off before he finishes casting, you'll reflect the initial tick of damage when he lands. But you still need to haul ass out of the patch to avoid further ticks. This only works for the cast, once the patch is on the ground you take full damage.

Tempest Keep:
Those BE pallies that use Hammer of Justice. Can reflect the spell, but it won't stun them back.

Satrina
03-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Hyjal: Shadowy Necromancer, Full reflect.
Also works on the Banshees as well. Very nice during wave 6 of the Azgalor trash - if you time it right you can reflect like 5 with one Spell Reflect.

Kavtor
03-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Many of the Hyjal packs have casters in them. If you can save some rage on the previous pull, and keep everyone else from doing any threat as the next wave comes, a blood rage / spell reflect at the right time will give you lots of threat on the caster mobs.

Gaithos the Shatter's judgments reflect for something like 11% of his total damage out put. It's a pretty huge swing to put that damage on him rather than your healers.

Bodasafa
03-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Sirens in Heroic SteamVaults.
-You can spell relfect there fear onto them causing them to become feared. I laughed really hard.

Destroyers in TK Heroics.
-You can spell reflect some of there "clap charge" I know thats not the name, but I think you know what I mean. Ive gotten up to a 2k reflect off there arcane.

Rift Lord (Casters) in Heroic Black Morass.
-You can fully spell reflect there shadow bolts, frost bolts, and pyro blasts (if they are targeting you). Avg. 3k reflect, really helps to burn them down quick. Managed a 3 badge run in 30 mins.:)

PvP fun.
A frost mage in our guild used to love to duel me and wipe the floor with my ass. Until I had my full epic frost set built for hydross and used spell reflect at the right times, lmao ..gotem that time.

Spell reflect is a wonderous talent though. Keep the tips coming guys, great info.

Kerg
03-04-2008, 08:13 AM
The best boss fight for Spell Reflect is...

Mana-Tombs - Nexus-Prince Shaffar
-He chain casts single target spells on you, and also roots you and runs away. Cast Spell Reflect every cooldown for high aggro, high damage... and to tank him from ranged when you're rooted.

jlafleur
03-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Spells to reflect - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft (http://www.wowwiki.com/Spells_to_Spell_Reflect)

bludwork
03-04-2008, 09:25 AM
TK al'ar flame patches can be spell-reflected.

Al'ar's knockback after divebomb can be spell-reflected

Kavel
03-06-2008, 01:46 PM
I've just heard rumors that the Hellfire from the Phoenixes in the Kael'thas fight can be reflected. Confirm/deny?

Heartwood
03-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Ok. Get that other info combined so that we can have a definitive guide here and get it stickied.... ;)

-Heart

brain9h
03-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Phoenixes in the Kael'thas fight, you can reflect their 'fire nova' damage (don't quite know the name of the ability)

Oh, GREAT idea of compiling this.

ps: the colours suck, you should stick with white and use bold/bigger font for sections. :D

Chuunks
03-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Couple more spell reflects for Kara:
Skeletal Waiter -- Brittle Bones
Attumen -- Intangible Prescence

Clifford
04-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Spell reflect on Al'ar flame patches no longer works.

Ciderhelm
09-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Did a google search for "Spell reflect volley" and got this thread. Should have probably searched here first. :p

Andenthal
09-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Did a google search for "Spell reflect volley" and got this thread. Should have probably searched here first. :p

That'll learn ya

Jasra
09-13-2008, 08:37 AM
The Wowwiki link has a few that aren't on here, so be sure to consolidate them.

Also, Fire Blasts from Amani'shi Flame Casters in Zul'Aman are reflectable.