PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Stompers or Boots of the Resilient?

Nikya
03-03-2008, 07:35 AM
I've been puzzling over this for a while, because when Solarian decides to drop the boots, I'd like to know if the 14 extra stam (gemmed) on the Boots of the Resilient is worth the loss of the Block Value on the Jungle Stompers.

Tatt
03-03-2008, 08:12 AM
umm...please explain your math. I count 55 stam on Jungle Boots with a solid star, 75 stam on Resilient with 2 solid stars. So 20 stam difference, all gems equal. Don't know if this effects your decision or not.

Irellman
03-03-2008, 08:20 AM
I would use the Boots of the Resilient with 2 +12 stamina gems and a 12 stamina enchant for progression tanking. Get something like Boar's Speed on the Jungle Stompers and use them for farm content or off-tanking. They all have their uses.

I'm currently using the stompers but will change after some of the other tanks who are using the boots from chess finally get a decent pair.

Paumedie
03-03-2008, 08:23 AM
I've been puzzling over this for a while, because when Solarian decides to drop the boots, I'd like to know if the 14 extra stam (gemmed) on the Boots of the Resilient is worth the loss of the Block Value on the Jungle Stompers.

Jungle Stompers are a very good threat piece. Stick them in your threat gear and use the Boots of the Resilient for your EH set imo.

MasterWolf
03-07-2008, 08:23 AM
What about Red Havoc vs. Jungle Stompers?

Nuberino
03-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Jungle Stompers are basically an inline upgrade from Red Havoc Boots. You trade slightly less defense for a decent improvement in sta and block value.

mictavis
03-07-2008, 08:53 AM
What about Red Havoc vs. Jungle Stompers?

I wear Boots Of The Resilient have Plans: Red Havoc Boots in my bank and I am waiting for Jungle Stompers to drop. Before some of the 2.4 badge loot was announced I was going to make the Red Havoc for my threat set since I have also been walking the line on 490 defense. That shouldn't be a problem with the ton of def on the new 2.4 badge stuff, so now i am leaning towards the extra stam/SBV on jungle stompers for my threat set.

Clifford
03-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Jungle Stompers are a very good threat piece. Stick them in your threat gear and use the Boots of the Resilient for your EH set imo.
My thoughts as well ... except Solarian refuses to give them to me :/

daruk
03-18-2008, 11:06 PM
in my opinion the shield block rating on Boots of the Resilient is a complete waste of a stat, anytime shield block is required to use we use our shield block ability, we never rely on shield block rating to keep us alive.

So the way I look at it is 200hp vs 42 shield block value, and personally I find the extra threat and increased absorption of my shield is far far more valuable.

Arrivan
03-19-2008, 01:08 AM
So the way I look at it is 200hp vs 42 shield block value, and personally I find the extra threat and increased absorption of my shield is far far more valuable.

Forgive my nitpicking, but it's actually 47 SBV on the Stompers. I mean, who wouldn't stick a blue gem in them? That said, both are good pieces for the reasons already stated in this thread.

Armstrong
03-19-2008, 10:05 AM
I would use the Boots of the Resilient with 2 +12 stamina gems and a 12 stamina enchant for progression tanking. Get something like Boar's Speed on the Jungle Stompers and use them for farm content or off-tanking.

Boar's Speed on both if you ask me. Some fights require little or no movement, but overall trading off 3 Stamina for an 8% movement speed increase is pretty much a no-brainer.

Horacio
03-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Since I won't have access to the Solarian boots anytime soon(raiding as healer these days) I have to say Jungle Stompers are awfully nice. I stuffed the +15 ZA quest gem in them.

as far as choosing, I think it depends on your threat output. If you are comfortable on progression content fending off heavy DPSers, go for more EH and take the Resilliant. But if your DPS is climbing your back and you need some space, take the Stompers and their BV. If DPS can open up more and tear down the boss faster, all the better.