PDA

View Full Version : TPS numbers as hybrid dps/tank sepcs

dorfwawwior
03-02-2008, 10:52 AM
So yea, it seems the way gear is tailored and just the way the new mechanics work out hybrid specs don't seem to work as much anymore as they did preBC.

I am talking about specs that only got 14 deep in prot, for anti, tough, last stand and defiance, or in my case, 16, cuz I get imp br also.

Since a non shield slam warrior has no need for BV really, they gear more for the defense, dodge, parry and stack expertise, hit, and crit for TPS.

The problem i am seeing is what you have such high avoidance, your rage is only really fed by your weapon and since you lack focused rage and rage reducing abiltiies, the rage gets spent faster. I picked up 3/5 unbridled wrath to try and improve that and also anger mgmt, but it just seems if you want to maintain and decent TPS, thru HS dumps, the rage bar just depletes so fast, sunder costing 15 rage, revenge at 5, HS at 13-15. It's just high rage usage all around.

The deciding factor is if your dps and whether you go ARMs or FURY hybrid is boosted some and you can bring more raid dps thru blood frenzy and a healing debuff if ARMs. Fury you pick up precision and weapon mastery to help with dps and TPS as well, altho the dodge can be totally negated with expertise alone, they need to make that talent also grant parry reduction as well. Flurry is always good, but the thing is it requires crit to trigger, which is rather low on tank gear. If you try to boost it, you sacrifice pure tank stats and take more dmg, which could lead to wipes from dying. It's just a no win situation really IMO.

I will however keep plugging away at it and find a spec/gear combo that can do both decently.

Kruthel
03-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Well be sure to let us know if you do find one, I always loved the crazy builds that worked back pre-BC. BC has made specs and gear too linear imo, not allowing for much (realistic) customization.

Taelas
03-03-2008, 12:25 AM
You can still get away with a mainly Arms/Fury build. But you'll most likely look at 21-23points in Prot to make it work.

This (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LAMczAio00dZVbZciuoI) build, for instance, allows you to act like a debuff-bot while OTing.

You will need Tactical Mastery due to the threat-increase it gives Bloodthirst and Mortal Strike.