PDA

View Full Version : EH! but at what cost?

Yuudai
03-01-2008, 01:57 AM
my guild just ran kara for the first time lastnight.

yes as i have read EH > AV gear, i should gear up for EH when progressing through new content to make it easier on my healers etc... but im still having trouble figuring out at what cost? i know this is generally up to debate, and should only be considered with gear of similar Ilevel, but thats just the issue, itemization for warriors is quite confusing compared to every other class. is roughly 200 EH > then 300tp? or because the ilvl difference on the tp item should i use that even tho its avoidence? im so confused :(.

Ciderhelm
03-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Don't use tankpoints to determine gear you're looking at. It's fine for gear lists, but in-game you miss the bigger picture.

Ilevel is the most consistent means of making decisions about gear. If you have two rings of roughly the same Ilevel, one with Avoidance, the other with Armor, take the one with Armor. If you have two rings, one is Epic with Avoidance, the other is Blue with Health, take the Avoidance.

It's generally bad practice to go too far downwards in Ilevel on equipment, regardless of what your goal is (EH, Avoidance, Threat, etc).

All of the above assumes that the gear has solid tanking stats on it.

Valdemar
03-01-2008, 05:08 AM
Simple answer, don't overthink it. If you know how to play your class well, you'll have nothing to worry about apart from learning the encounters and with gear comes ability the stay standing, but without skill, nothing is going to help.

Yuudai
03-01-2008, 07:43 AM
i appreciate your guys' feedback on the issue. especially valdemar, ill try and not overthink it and just knock out those bosses :cool: