PDA

View Full Version : Leigonkiller vs Rifle of the Stoic Guardian

maddfez
02-29-2008, 10:51 AM
So, this week we were hunter light in BT. Leigonkiller dropped, no hunters wanted it, so I picked it up as it seems to be a solid tanking ranged item. Later we got our first Rifle of the Stoic Guardian, which I deferred to our OT.

I'm currently trying to decide what to do if another RotSC drops...basically which ranged item do I like better?

Legionkiller: 21 agi, 30 stam

RotSC: 20 dodge, 31 stam

So, 21 agi vs 20 dodge and one stamina.

Dodge rating converts to % to dodge at a 18.9 = 1% ratio. That puts the RotSC at 1.06% chance to dodge. The one stamina difference should be 11.5 hp with BoKings and 5/5 Vitality.

Agi converts to % to dodge for warriors at a 30 = 1% ratio. 21 Agi --> 23.1 agi with Bokings, so that puts the Legionkiller at a 0.77% chance to dodge. It also grants 101.6 armor factoring in 5/5 toughness. Lastly, it grants 0.77% to critically hit, which helps with aggro generation.

So, 11.5 hp and 0.29% to dodge vs 101.6 armor and 0.77% to crit...honestly I'm not sure. I'm leaning towards the Legionkiller though. It clearly wins for threat and is pretty comparable from a survival standpoint.

Fitzlestick
03-05-2008, 02:32 AM
I use the legionkiller in aggro fights and the RotSG for avoidance fights.
Both are close to eachother, but RotSG gives more avoidance imo.

ebs2002
03-05-2008, 08:40 AM
What Fitzlestick said. RotSG is better avoidance, Legionkiller gives better EH/Threat

Xav
03-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Stoic Guardian gives marginally more avoidance, but Legionkiller provides a decent amount of avoidance, some armor, and some crit. I personally never use Stoic Guardian unless I'm stacking pure avoidance for some awkward reason.

By the way, your agi to armor conversion is off, it's 21 agi * kings = 23 agi * 2 armor per agi = 46 armor. I'm about 98% sure Toughness only applies to stats on an item that list as "Armor", and not armor derived from agility.