PDA

View Full Version : Brooch of Deftness and Barbed Choker of Discipline

Cipher
02-27-2008, 02:16 PM
I have the Brooch of Deftness that I always wear for all tanking. Last week I picked up the Barbed Choker off Maiden. I was wondering if there was really any situation where I would use the Choker over the Brooch. Let's say for tanking Prince...would that be a place to use it?

Kazeyonoma
02-27-2008, 02:42 PM
uhh, possibly, you would use it in an avoidance set, in which case prince, or other dw mobs are good for cuz you can become passive uncrushable due to their high miss rates. Otherwise BoD is almost always better.

Corlishan
02-27-2008, 02:46 PM
I use the choker sometimes as part of my avoidance set if I can get away with it without losing too much threat. If you have salv on your ranged, I would say go ahead and use it. The extra dodge is particularly useful for phase 2 prince.

Tatt
02-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Ummm....wouldn't losing the expertise from BoD increase your chance to get parried? Think I'd rather eat regular hits then get parry gibbed :)

My 2 cents

Nilya
02-28-2008, 12:19 AM
I don't think I use it for anything anymore. The expertise on the brooch probably performs better for overall damage avoidance than the dodge on the choker. It's hands down better for threat too.