PDA

View Full Version : Badge Gear... What would you do next?

Rekt
02-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Hello.

Where to start...

My guild is currently gearing myself, as well as some others, for Progression into ZA and 25 mans. I dinged 70 two weeks ago as of Today, and I have 4 blues left to replace.

My blues are;
Felsteel Helm (3x 12 stam and the KoT Chant)
Ironscale War Cloak from H. UB.
Timewarden's Leggings (3x 12 stam and 30stam 10 agi chant)
Dabiri's Enigma.

My current Unbuffed stats (no shouts, nothing) are;
14204 HP
15480 Armor
507 Defense
15.60% Dodge
18.39% Parry
24.27% Block
22 Hit
16 Expertise

Which leads me to my question; I have 43 badges. What would you do with them if you were in my position?
We're attempting ZA for the first time tomorrow, Initially I had intended on saving up the remaining 30ish badges for the Badge Pants, and then getting Slikks cloak. At which point I would save for the Badge chest in 2.4. However, I'm not so sure anymore.

My armory is outdated, I think it still shows me in mostly blues from a week or so ago. If needed I can post a layout of all my gear with chants and what not.

What would you do?

Arrivan
02-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Out of those blues you listed, I'd replace the legs first. The badge legs are a great piece and won't be replaced until T5 (even then, I'd use the badge legs because they're a bit better itemised).

ebs2002
02-27-2008, 10:23 AM
You don't list which ones you have already purchased, but I gotta agree with Arrivan: go with the badge legs.

Slikk's cloak is good, and is an upgrade over what you have, but if you get the Gilded Thorium from Shade of Aran it should drop down on priority.

Helm, the best upgrade is trying to get T4 from Prince, or the Opera helm. The badge helm leaves a lot to be desired.

Dabiri's Enigma is actually a good trinket, despite its blue-ness. I swap my blue def trinket in for some fights still.

It really depends on what your weekly badge income is. This is assuming you have a relatively high income (full clear Kara, daily heroics a few times a week): My advice is get the legs, then the autoblocker if you don't already have it, then the Brooch of Deftness if you don't already have it and you have extra badges (the common thought is it will stick around even with 2.4), the Expertise badge Bracer if you don't already have it (it's better than Attumen's bracer), and after that start saving for 2.4 stuff.

If you have a low badge income, I'd need to see your armory before going more in-depth

Brucimus
02-27-2008, 10:30 AM
The first thing i got from the 2.3 Badge items were the Bracers ....then legs/belt

Bigstik
02-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Leggings or cloak; I'd pick the leggings, personally.

Tatt
02-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Umm..if you just hit 70 2 weeks ago how many of your epics are 70 level epics? Can't look at armory right now, just seems very quick to be ZA readay 2 weeks after hitting 70. Stats look good, and I agree badge legs are a huge upgrade, just make sure you guys have enough kara gear and experience before ZA eats you up.

My 2 cents

Devarin
02-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Well, with the badge rewards being as they are now, the time between hitting level 70 to being raid-ready has been significantly reduced... that said, running through Karazhan would probably be a great way to get yourself better acquainted to raid tanking and the little intangibles that can really improve your team (setting mark order based on mob types, pushing the raid pace without jeopardizing the party, and adapting sets of gear based on the encounter, to name a few). Even if your gear was ready for ZA, if you haven't gone through the Karazhan route I think you'd be in for a rather rough ride.

Rekt
02-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey,

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I did hit 70 two weeks ago, but aside from the 4 level 70 blues I mentioned I am in full 70 epics. I've been pretty fortunate as far as drops go.

Here is a breakdown of what Im using, aside from the blues previously mentioned.

Neck: Brooch (Badge neck)
Shoudlers: Spaulders of Dimentia (Honored Aldor chant, these are H. Sethekk drop)
Chest: Panzar'thar Breastplace (12 stam gems and 150 hp chant)
Bracers: Badge Bracers (the expertise once, with 12 stam chant)
Gloves: Tier 4 (15 agility, or is it 12? shrug)
Belt: The Moroes belt
Boots: Battlescar boots (12 stam gems, stam chant)
Ring1: Honored Kara Ring
Ring2: Shermanar Great-ring
Trinket1: Using the Violet eye currently, 36 stam :x
Weapon: Sun-Eater with goose
Sheild: Shield of Impenetrable Darkness (18 stam)

As far as badge income, I would say it's ok. Clear kara Every Sunday night, and about 2-3 Heroics daily over the past 2 weeks since I dinged attempting to get the badge loot as well as Suneater and Spaulders of Dimentia.

thanks again,
Rekt

Rekt
02-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Umm..if you just hit 70 2 weeks ago how many of your epics are 70 level epics? Can't look at armory right now, just seems very quick to be ZA readay 2 weeks after hitting 70. Stats look good, and I agree badge legs are a huge upgrade, just make sure you guys have enough kara gear and experience before ZA eats you up.

My 2 cents

Refer to my above post as far as gear goes. On the line of experience, this is my... 6th? 70. I'm not to worried about that part. 3rd warrior, first Time I have -EVER- been prot.

Tatt
02-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Ok, I officially hate you, I have been a 70 for 4-5 months and you have as much gear as I do :) You definately have the gear for ZA, I would just make sure you have the group coordination down, but good luck!!!

Bodasafa
02-27-2008, 10:36 PM
I run a progression 10 man raid into ZA as a MT warrior and raid lead. Your gear is up to par for doing ZA.

But I cant speak to your skill, If you dont have the experiance all the gear in the world will mean percisly squat. You need the experiance of clearing Kara to do well in higher end instances.

Bodasafa
02-27-2008, 10:38 PM
I run a progression 10 man raid into ZA as a MT warrior and raid lead. Your gear is up to par for doing ZA. ZA is no joke though I can tell you, with the 9 best geared ppl in the guild we still have trouble. Most of it is learning new dances though.

But I cant speak to your skill, If you dont have the experiance all the gear in the world will mean percisly squat. You need the experiance of clearing Kara to do well in higher end instances.

Rekt
02-28-2008, 12:09 AM
I run a progression 10 man raid into ZA as a MT warrior and raid lead. Your gear is up to par for doing ZA. ZA is no joke though I can tell you, with the 9 best geared ppl in the guild we still have trouble. Most of it is learning new dances though.

Hehe Thanks ^_^
I was already sure I was ZA ready, just wasn't sure what badge piece to pick up next ;P We ventured in tonight, downed the first two bosses within the timed event limit but missed the third, though we did down him. Two attempts on the fourth before we decided to call it quits. Fun stuff though :D Thanks for all the insights and tips everyone :D