PDA

View Full Version : Get the autoblocker, or save badges?

Optimoos
02-26-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm trying to decide whether or not I should get the autoblocker now with the badges I have saved, or whether I should be saving badges for 2.4 gear. I presently have all the other badge gear I could want so there's not much to spend it on now, but obviously the new badge upgrades will be significant. Anyone have any sage advice for me?

Worldie
02-26-2008, 04:32 PM
The autoblocker is a FAT threat boost for warriors. I'd take it.

Danach
02-26-2008, 04:38 PM
I was in a similar position and finally decided to grab the auto blocker. I'm glad I did. The threat boost from it was large enough that it's become part of my "standard" tanking set.

Brucimus
02-26-2008, 04:57 PM
yah I thought the Autoblocker was kinda bleh when i first saw it ....but omg what would i do with out it now ? and there is nothing else like it that i know of

Irellman
02-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Except the imba Glyph of Deflection ofc...

Clifford
02-26-2008, 05:10 PM
As with all things the answer is ... it depends.

I love the autoblocker and have sung it's praise on these forums. But if for example you are severely lacking in EH gear then those badges might be better invested in some new armour.

Finelle
02-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Not a single one of my tanking sets has the Autoblocker unequipped :D

Satrina
02-26-2008, 09:24 PM
I use it for trash sometimes, and that's about it. I find it to be pretty overrated.

Cairn
02-26-2008, 09:28 PM
I Use Autoblocker on Trash , very interresting trinket , powerfull threat with SS and better block when i do multitanking.
After that depends of ur gear , with the 2.4 badge loot , Chest and Leg are overpower for only 100 badges. Except if u have already T5 , don't buy Autoblocker for buying Chest , also give u Autoblocker for Max Threat ^^

./economise for the Chest

Dunmail
02-27-2008, 01:56 AM
I was also in similar position, and also had a fookit moment and bought it (even though I'm missing a decent set of legs). Can't say I've seen it do much more threat, but my Omen has been acting weird after upgrade (level 66 ravager does not do 7700 threat, even without it's big red glow on hunter). I have noticed far less damage when multi-tanking in heroic Bot & SP, and haven't needed to add on my optional stam/armour ring as much.

You won't feel robbed and maybe one day Monroes will actually be nice to me as well =P.

Clifford
02-27-2008, 02:28 AM
I use the Autoblocker in situations where I need to push threat. Currently I use it on:
(1) Leotheras when I get an inner demon;
(2) Void Reaver when getting agro after a knock back; and
(3) PvP with my block set :)

Domichi
02-27-2008, 05:21 AM
I say get the autoblocker. I love to use it on trash and bosses where I need to maintain very high threat. Opening up with the /use autoblocker + SS macro on mobs makes them stick to you like super-glue.

I also use the autoblocker if i have to OT Gruul. It seems to give me a some extra blocks which allows me to get some extra Revenges off to help me stay up there on the hate list with the MT.

Satrina
02-27-2008, 06:57 AM
I also use the autoblocker if i have to OT Gruul. It seems to give me a some extra blocks which allows me to get some extra Revenges off to help me stay up there on the hate list with the MT.
Perfect example. Load up your hit and expertise, eat some hit food, and dual wield until the hurtfuls get too hard. You will have zero trouble keeping ahead of the DPS, and you can use the trinket slot for a stamina piece.

It was a nice piece until expertise came along, now it's pretty much... meh.

Edit: Oh, and the autoblocker is 100% block value. There's no way it gives you extra blocks.

Paradoxes
02-27-2008, 07:59 AM
What about for pally tanks? The autoblocker still worth it at all?

Bodasafa
02-27-2008, 08:06 AM
They should have called the Auto-Blocker "snap aggro" cause thats what it is. Use the macro created by Ciderhelm and you can "frontload" your aggro big time.

I am going to have a very very hard time every taking it off. The aggro benifits and the mitigation value are huge for somthing u can use every 2 mins. Its great for farming and pvp fun too.:)

Probably the single best warrior trinket in the game.

ebs2002
02-27-2008, 08:40 AM
I have the macro as my primary way to shield slam, only swapping it out on fights where I want to save my click for the burst damage (like on Curator's evocation) or burst mitigation (like the start of Prince p2; extra mitigation on blocks plus the need for high threat at this point).

Every other time, my macro pops my trinket every time it's up, without me having to even think about it. If it's not equipped, I notice something is wrong.

Also, I'll second the fact that it's awesome for PVP. SS Crits for 2k+ on cloth, and rogues QQ when my trinket has fired.

Nilya
02-27-2008, 11:28 PM
It is in every single one of my sets except for my Hydross resist sets, and the rare occasions I opt for the watch for an emergency button. It's that good.

Rageaholik
03-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Perfect example. Load up your hit and expertise, eat some hit food, and dual wield until the hurtfuls get too hard. You will have zero trouble keeping ahead of the DPS, and you can use the trinket slot for a stamina piece.

It was a nice piece until expertise came along, now it's pretty much... meh.

Edit: Oh, and the autoblocker is 100% block value. There's no way it gives you extra blocks.

How does dual weilding give you more threat than shield slam/devisate heroic spam. Gogo prot dps aggro?

Kazeyonoma
03-05-2008, 03:32 PM
because dual wielding you still will be doing devastate, but with the off-hand generating rage for you, you can basically spam in. IN low rage situations where you can't heroic strike much, and even have trouble putting up shield slams, devastate is the best way to generate threat. Satrina's advice is sound.

Tank
03-05-2008, 06:53 PM
because dual wielding you still will be doing devastate, but with the off-hand generating rage for you, you can basically spam in. IN low rage situations where you can't heroic strike much, and even have trouble putting up shield slams, devastate is the best way to generate threat. Satrina's advice is sound.

Totally agree, remember to set dual wield macro and 1H with shield macro to be able to switch weapon fast.

kachra
03-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I've been considering this exact question. I recently got Icon of Unyielding Courage (finally!) to use in my threat set, and I am loving it. I'm not quite sure how to work out the math comparing the extra threat generated from using either of these trinkets, so I'm not sure if the autoblocker is even that much better. I've noticed a big difference in my threat generation with the icon and I can't figure out if the autoblocker is worth it now.

Nighcol
03-18-2008, 04:05 AM
I have a hard time believing Auto-blocker would be better for threat than that trinket for example. Once in 2min use with a single ability + some passive block value does not sound like much of a threat boost. If someone has the math, I'd love to see it though. It's something that will not really be a useful part of a gear set for any boss on which you're struggling to survive so I don't see it as a first priority tanking item.

byechee
03-18-2008, 09:40 AM
autoblocker is timeless. get it and use it forever, most end game tanks still do.

Horacio
03-18-2008, 11:11 AM
I keep savign up for it....and buying something else. First, I'm a stam whore(dur!) Second, I have never been pushed for threat, though I haven't seriously raided in 5 month as a warrior. My pal Keza likes to rip mobs off me but I would call that me being sloppy and her hitting like a truck as opposed to a lack of gearing on my part. On boss fights, no one touched me but I'm semi retired now.

I just picked up the Brooch of Deftness instead (again) of the autoblocker. I gain threat via the + hit and expertise while rocking the 48 stamina. I was abyssmal in both those stats but can maintain 500+ BV in my main tanking kit.

Heh, I have one badge right now but 70 on my drood....saving for 2.4 gear as he is my raiding main these days. I'd love to have the autoblocker but I keep finding reasons not to take it. Gearing 2 toons through badges is a pita, tbh.

Its a great trinket...but....I dunno....