PDA

View Full Version : Kara to ZA - Hit rating needs

Gunlok
02-26-2008, 03:17 PM
We are now progressing from Kara into ZA. I have worked on my hit rating, bringing it from mid 2% to mid 6%.

I have a choice at this step to continue to use Violet Signet of the Master Assassin together with the Great Shermanar, giving me a 104 rating (6.6%).
Or give up the MA ring for the Protector version, which would drop my hit to a 74 rating (5.01%)

For reference, with that slot un-equipped, my numbers are:
501 Defense
16,280 Armor
13,781 HP
62.55% Avoidance

The Master Assassin was used at a time when I had no way other immediate hit solution and was having difficulty. It was never intended to be a permanent solution

How much hit am I going to need for ZA and beyond? Can I drop to 5%. Or should I keep it at 6.6?

Tatt
02-26-2008, 03:24 PM
I have never heard anyone mention needing more than 60-70 hit for ZA, so you should be fine there, if you can sacrifice some for a little more stam might be helpful. Everything I have read or seen says ZA is an EH fight until you are very well geared and experienced in it.

My 2 cents

klor
02-26-2008, 03:29 PM
I cleared all of Karazhan with 0 hit rating and have tanked all the way up through mag as MT with the 17 from kings defender... :-x

Currently I sit at 85 hit rating and dont have much of an issue with misses in ZA.

Gunlok
02-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the quick feedback.

I think it's time to exchange the Assassin for the Tanking ring now.

btw..the Avoidance number I posted included Dodge, Parry and Block.

If block is not normally counted as an Avoidance number, I apoligize.

klor
02-26-2008, 03:38 PM
block is not part of avoidance no. :) Just dodge parry and miss. Just for future reference. Block is considered mitigation

ebs2002
02-26-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm looking at what I think is your armory (I'm assuming you're the Tauren on Eldre'Thalas), you don't have your hit gear on, but if you don't have Brooch of Deftness, that should solve all your hit rating woes.

I don't think the difference between 74 and 104 is huge enough for you to lose the tanking stats from the Protector ring. Expertise would be more important to get than +hit IMO, and I'm not sure it's a good idea to gem for +hit as opposed to gemming for +sta if you're looking at progression raiding.

Stack Armor/HP, Expertise, and Shield Block Value. If you have a tanking item with +hit on it, or you have a few slots to play with and want to try it out, you can go for it (In my threat set, I occasionally swap in the 50ap 10hit ring or the green quest ring with 6hit 34sta and some defense...sorry I don't remember their names, I didn't log off in my threat gear).

Why is it that you're worried so much about your hit? Is it taunting for the bear fight? I'd suggest swapping in some of your DPS +hit stuff for that fight if you're having that much trouble with taunts (Gladiators hat with the CE enchant, etc). I wouldn't change your EH set just for one fight, though.

AlmtyBob
02-26-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm currently at 35 hit rating and am at 4/6 ZA with somewhere between 6-8 runs under my belt and have had absolutely no issues with threat. I've never had a missed taunt on the bear and, at least on the bosses (damn sleeping mobs) have never threat capped my dps. You need to worry much more about stacking Stam. 13k health will make the bear boss rough and Halazzi will be nearly impossible. With just some gem and enchant changes you can give yourself another ~880 hps. Add a Darkmoon Card: Vengeance and you've added ~1440. Switching out the head enchant you have with Glyph of the Defender will more than make up for any avoidance/mit you lose re-gemming. Dropping Commanding Presence, Unbridled Wrath, and Improved Shield Bash in favor of Imp Thunder clap and your choice of Imp. HS, Anger Management, and/or Imp. Bloodrage will WAY more than make up the loss of +hit.