PDA

View Full Version : T4 Arms dps?

Bonerot
02-25-2008, 04:49 AM
Any idea what a kara/t4 geared warrior should be putting out with Arm's spec on raid bosses like VR? Just looking for a ballpark as to what is possible.

From the looks of it they are using only heroic strike and MS. HS barely more frequently then MS. I'll have to go back to the arms guide as I only gave it a cursory glance but I thought slam was an important part of Arm's raid dps.

shiz98
02-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Well, I'm T4ish, and I can generally put out a good 700 DPS or so on most fights. I just did VR myself yesterday, but a warlock pulled aggro and got me arcane orbed right after a pounding, which killed me and my DPS. No DPS numbers for you from that one.

That being said, you can hit some pretty nice numbers on VR if you're getting healed through poundings. Even without a WF I had plenty of extra rage (enough to spam Slam for a while), so you should be getting some pretty decent numbers - 800 dps, maybe.

Zph
02-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Here is a link to a video that will show and tell you everything you need to know about dpsing as Arms warrior in a PvE environment. Given his gear level is the best in the game, his method is the same that every Arms warrior should be using from Karazhan and onward.

T6 WarriorGuide: How to DPS with MS By Killianz (http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=58960)

For your exact situation though, I'm not quite sure about your numbers. As long as your are geared correctly, using the right rotation and a two handed sword. Your dps should be perfectly fine. It'll only get better with gear.

Kaganda
02-26-2008, 01:46 PM
While the high amount of rage generation you get on VR allows for HS use(ty Pounding), they should be using Slam as part of their DPS rotation. Proper use of Slam is what keeps Arms DPS respectable compared to Fury. Sadly, BF is useless on VR, since Mechs don't bleed, but an Arms warrior should still be able to put up solid DPS.

The main issue facing DPS Warriors on this fight is Threat. There is a good chance they will pull aggro at some point in the fight. This may be why their DPS is lower, becuase they're watching threat and trying to keep from pulling. The trick is to start slow and try to stay below the top two tanks in threat. If your healers are good, the Warrior can accept the inevitable aggro and use a macro to swap to a Shield, go to Def Stance, and pop Shield Wall. This buys your healers time to keep him alive until he gets punted, at which point he can go back to DPS with significantly lowered threat.