PDA

View Full Version : Off Specs and Raids

Kamani
02-23-2008, 10:05 PM
So I rerolled another warrior with the goal of being the GM/MT/RL of a top guild. I have been in top guilds before, never with the above rolls and I have had the above rolls before, but never in the a top guild. So I decided to do it all together this time.

Anyways, fast forward the leveling process and recruiting process; I'm now in the drivers seat of a 25 man guild.

And, to my absolute surprise, I have found myself with a whole lot of respec willing raiders. I have gotten a ridiculous amount of "I'll spec whatever you want me to" in responses.

So....that leaves me to telling these people all what to be. And I've been talking to quite a few people about offspecs.

Feral Druids are amazing, as are Shadow Preists and a few others. But I have limited experience with enhancement, elemental, boomkins and retadins.

What are your guys thoughts about these offspecs? Any of them worth taking over a standard class of their roles?

Ceravantes
02-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Enhancement shaman is huge for a melee group, get one if you have decent rogues/fury/imp slam warriors. Elemental are nice as well, but the additional buffs given to casters are not a big as enhancement to melee. Moonkins are meh, I have played with very good ones, and very bad ones, the buff is ncie but nothing to spectacular, ret i would wait until 2.4 to mess with.

These are all hybrid classes, there is no standard role.

It all depends on raid makeup and personal preference, you are kind of stuck bringing atleast 1 of each class, and prefereably atleast 3 paladins.

Methadone
02-24-2008, 02:12 AM
We usually have 1 enhancement shaman (excellent DPS, excellent group buffs), 1 elemental shaman (excellent dps, excellent group buffs) and 2 shadow priests.

No experience with retadins or moonkins

Anaea
02-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Our most consistent tank (and raid leader) is a pally - so he loves when our retadin comes along for his own TPS. The ret pally can hold his own on the DPS meters, though he's a long way from topping them. One of our more casual raiders is a boomkin and can top the meters, though like our Destro locks he's a bit threat limited on most fights.

I've had bad experiences with people saying, "I'll spec whatever you want" and then not enjoying the spec and just disappearing from raids. So these days, I ask them what they want to play and try to ensure that they've got all the resources to really maximize that spec. We're not a "top" guild by any means though, so with a more concentrated progression schedule that might be less of an issue for you.