PDA

View Full Version : Enhancement Shaman/Ret Paladin 2v2 Potential?

klor
02-22-2008, 07:14 AM
My roommate and I have currently been leveling a shaman/paladin combo and last night he respec'd from prot to ret so our burst damage would improve. It made grinding that much easier but also sparked the idea of "Just how good would an enhancement shammy/ret pally burst team work? I hear all the time people complaining about how enhancement shaman are not that great at 70, yet I dont really understand that. As of right now, my burst is higher than most classes of my level (at 65) and my overall dps is higher than anyone else i've ran instances with. With pvp, the problem will exist in me being kited I am sure, but that is why blessing of freedom is there.

Our main idea was strictly fast burst. Making people react quickly to a team charging in at 120% movement speed, bloodlust popped, hammer of rig/repetence one or the other, then burst the first down. The sheer volume of burst dealt by the two classes is somewhat crazy and they tend to synergize well with one another. My bloodlust, windfury, and heals (due to enhancement shammy being OP and getting +heals from their ap...) and his blessings, bubbles, stuns, and heals, plus both of our over all initial burst...I think it might very well be a viable 2v2 team that isn't one I have heard of...

Any thoughts or ideas?

Kazaganthi
02-22-2008, 08:26 AM
I think you would run into the same problem I do on my fury warrior in 2s. There is no ms so they just heal them back up to full. You would have to time your cc perfectly on the healer. However if you coordinated perfectly, it might work. HOT teams would kill ya though.

Kaz

ScientificLee
03-01-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm curious why you think Enhancement Shamans are OP in 2s.

Careis
03-01-2008, 10:15 PM
With the FT changes in 2.4, this team might...be very viable...

klor
03-03-2008, 06:31 AM
HOT teams like druid teams? Purge ftw? I think they would be easier than normal healer teams imo...

As for why I think shaman are OP in 2s...I never said they were. I said the combination of burst damage from ret pally/enhancement shammy is what could be OP...both can toss quite a nice amount of burst.

ScientificLee
03-06-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm currently lvling a shaman (lvl 60). Let me know if this works out.