PDA

View Full Version : Pre-2.4 Help

SionaAmanThul
02-21-2008, 05:28 AM
Hi all,

I'm Vitharr (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vitharr).

If you were me and had 79 badges, would you buy anything now or would you wait for the 2.4?

Thanks,

Vitharr

Dunmail
02-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Expertise neck & bracers are cracking pieces, I got the neck before getting the badge bracers/chest (on guild MT advice) as the tanky blue I had was pretty mediocre, he was correct. Cannot fault the expertise, and the stam/armour on the bracers (I also had green fortress) also made a noticeable difference. On that profile you show 0 hit and 520 def, so you do have the option on picking something like the neck to improve your hitting and still be capped. I'd be a bit concerned on the +hit as it won't help threat or rage generation. I noticed a major difference on mine when I swapped a few bits around, then added in the badge stuff.

Not sure you should rush out and buy both but you wouldn't be robbed if you did buy either. I've just blown my badges on the Gnomergen SB trinket, but unlike you I don't have a decent trinket, especially to really contributes to mitigation. The chest is great and I don't regret getting that, but that was more due to KZ being continually untanky on the runs I've had, and your legs aren't too bad. Timewardens legs from COT also offer decent stam and aren't too dissimilar to what you have.

It depends really whether you feel you really do need to upgrade for the content your running, or whether you could splash on the odd piece and continue with KZ for the drops that would be a major boost (legs, chest, cloak spring to mind) and keep the badges ticking over for when the patch does go live. As it appears to be being tinkered with on PTR it doesn't appear to seem that it is about to go imminently live, it isn't like you won't have time to accrue badges, especially if you can get a kz run and a few heroics in a week.

Caulle
02-21-2008, 06:23 AM
The only major 2.4 tanking badge item to aim for is the belt. Otherwise, invest in Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx, and the Brooch of Deftness.

So long as you're running Karazhan weekly, you should have enough badges by the time 2.4 hits for all the items. 2.4 likely won't be live until the end of March at the earliest.

SionaAmanThul
02-21-2008, 10:51 AM
really? The bracers and brooch over the legs?

Kazeyonoma
02-21-2008, 11:40 AM
the new legs, are arguably better, so its a toss up, I'll keep my legs, cuz i aint farming more badges again for a minor upgrade, but if you don't already have unwavering, I might have to lean towards getting bracers and brooch then save for new legs.

SionaAmanThul
02-22-2008, 03:52 AM
Thanks. I'm up to 92 badges now. I'm also leaning at getting the bracers and brooch now and continuing to farm badges. I also need 5 more primal nethers to put together the Bulwark of Kings. This will give me a shot of getting the Bulwark of the Ancient Kings when the patch goes live.

Nuberino
02-22-2008, 08:44 AM
you wont regret the bracers, brooch, and cloak purchase. Save the rest of the badges you get for the new 2.4 items when they go live on your server.

SionaAmanThul
02-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks. Just purchased the bracers and brooch. Through the Fortitude enchant on the bracers. Need to save up a little more for the cloak. Then I'll stockpile badges ina nticipation of getting the legs and belt after 2.4.

In the meantime, I'm going to work on a resistance set through PVP.