PDA

View Full Version : How much more Kara?

Throng
02-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi guys,

My guild recently cleared Kara for the first time and I think we'll soon have it on farm status (Netherspite and hopefully Nightbane are both pretty straightforward once you get the hang of them!). So I'd like to know how much more Kara gear I really need, and which bosses are optional as far as my upgrades are concerned so I can duck out for another guildie to hopefully get geared up.

Also, I don't enjoy PvP very much at all so I'm stuck with my blue shield. Is there any upgrade I've missed before Gruul?

Profile: Throngy of Thunderhorn (EU) (http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Throngy)

Many thanks in anticipation of your advice! :)

Nuberino
02-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Well you could still use:

Moroes' trinket, Ilhoof's cloak, Maiden's neck, Shade's ring, Netherspite's shoulders, Nightbane's shield, King's Defender and Chess's boots or the random epic boots.

Cloak and neck aren't trully necessary since there is now the badge cloak and neck that are far better. The rest are all pretty solid upgrades that are worth getting.

Can you do Gruuls without them? Sure, but some of those would be big upgrades.

AlmtyBob
02-20-2008, 01:58 PM
For your shield go farm Mech and/or Bot for the 4/5 badges each and you'll be Exalted with the Sha'tar in no time which earns you: Crest of the Sha'tar. As an alternative get the badge shield Azure-Shield of Coldarra for 33 badges.

Keep running Kara as often as possible for the Badges, especially with the 2.4 gear coming. If you have another tank that needs gear, you can OT.

Throng
02-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Cheers for that - I definitely overlooked a couple of Kara items and had totally forgotten about the [Crest of the Sha'tar]... But I think I'll get the badge shield now as it's fairly cheap and I have a few badges to spare.
The way things are shaping up it looks like I'll likely be running Kara for a while as MT instead of OT, and hopefully we'll get some plate without +Int soon... ;)
Many thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction. Now, back to lurking ;)