PDA

View Full Version : new badge chest

spagarogous
02-19-2008, 07:50 PM
according to bergs updated list Chestplate of Stoicism is now the highest tankpoint badge item possible. should this be the new gold standard as the next purchase for badge gear? i am sure it will be a huge upgrade for a lot of people, but there are some other nice pieces to make hard choices over now.

Grabmill
02-20-2008, 05:10 AM
I think this new one is comparable to the one from Zul'jin, as well to the T5 chest. The badge belt *is* slightly better, but if you have either of those 2, it's not worth the badgers imo.

Chestplate of Stoicism is not better if you look purely at the maximum stamina you can get. The armor is the same to the other two. In terms of passive uncrushability, it's slightly better though, although both T4 and Panzar'thar are even better for this (but you could imagine if it's worth the tradeoff if you have some margin to play with).

One more thing though, which has been said a few times before on different forums already: the new armor values of the badge items seem to be wrong. According to the item levels, the armor should be higher.

Berginyon
02-20-2008, 05:56 AM
The chest doesn't max out stam, EH, uncrushability or avoidance, but what it does do is compete very closely to the leaders in all four. Sum it all up and its an amazing chest and its a must have unless your are farming Illidan.

Dreadski
02-20-2008, 06:18 AM
Recently discovered all the EH on the S3 chestpiece, which I'm going to grab in a week or 2. 3 sockets, 67 stam and 1825 armor, adding in 12 hit, 84 armor pen and 36~ crit.

Trammel
02-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Here are the tankpoints in terms of upgrade for what I have now.
Chestplate of Stoicism (100 BoJ) 3594 TP upgrade from Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian
Sunguard Legplates (100 BoJ) 1264 TP upgrade +23 Expertise upgrade from Wrynn Dynasty Greaves
Girdle of the Fearless (75 BoJ) 1548 TP upgrade +22 Expertise upgrade from Crimson Girdle of the Indomitable

I just bought the Stoic chest but it looks like this chest piece should be my next purchase.

Thoughts?

Berginyon
02-20-2008, 07:40 AM
All 3 are massive upgrades for you basically going from Kara gear to T6 equivalent gear, and they should be even more of an upgrade once the armor gets fixed on them (lvl 141 should be 1765, same as Glory of the Defender. All 3 would massively upgrade your EH, threat gen and overall physical damage reduction. Since you can get badges from daily quests, farming should be easy.

The only people who won't want these items would already have Black Temple gear, but even then, I would prefer the stat allocation of Chestplate of Stoicism over Onslaught Chestguard.

veneretio
02-20-2008, 04:39 PM
The Onslaught gets the nod over the badge chest until you can acquire the new T6 pieces to maintain the 4 piece. Even after that the Onslaught chest is amazing for a passive uncrushable set which almost feels like that's what T6 was designed for in many ways.

Without a doubt though the new gear looks fantastic and with such heavy avoidance will allow us to really push our EH and Threat up huge in the ring, trinket and cloak slots.

Talani
02-22-2008, 10:35 AM
I am 4 badges away from Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian we raid kara twice a week for about 3 hours each time normally getting 9 badges a week..should I wait and getChestplate of Stoicism?

Atank
02-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Talani,

I'd say that your question about "To Wait or not To Wait" depends on when 2.4 comes out. Given Blizz's track record for patch releases from PTR, the amount of time a new instance takes to tweak before going live, and the fact that they'll want to extend this new content life all the way to WotLK, I'm guessing we see 2.4 Mid April.

Throw out your oppinions if you guys disagree...

Having said that, you could essentially get ~260 badges just from a full kara clear / 1 ZA clear a week... so I'd probably upgrade myself with the badge gear currently up now, as it will serve you well immediately to get more badges to upgrade again for 2.4

:)

Atank
70 Dwarven Warrior
Empíre - Detheroc

Bonerot
02-22-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm lucky in that I hadn't bought the chest piece yet and had decided to get the auto blocker first. I do have the badge wrists & pants though.

I plan on just saving all my badges so I can purchase them all as soon as I can after 2.4 is released. I need another hmm 340 badges or so for..

Farstrider Defender's Cloak (25)
Chestplate of Stoicism (100)
Girdle of the Fearless (75)
Sunguard Legplates (100)
Bonefist Gauntlets (60)
Slikk's Cloak of Placation (35)

Looks like I'll be hoping to get into Kara every single week for a while. My guild had 5 separate kara instances this week so far after people found out how many badges they needed.

SionaAmanThul
02-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Are you kidding me? 260 badges a week!

My guild is only starting to do Kara now. Obviously, you guys have Kara and ZA on farm. How long is it taking you to clear Kara?

Nuberino
02-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Are you kidding me? 260 badges a week!

estimated 260 badges if you cleared Kara and ZA each week until the patch, I believe. Of course there are 2 big things to factor in when making estimations:

1. Patch could come out sooner (unlikely) or later (moderate chance) than what is expected.

2. The time it takes for your server to unlock the vendor that sells the badge loots, assuming it is an active high population server, maybe not that long. Assuming it is a relatively small population server you may not see the vendor a month or longer.

Heinrich
03-04-2008, 01:37 PM
So should i refuned the 75 badges Ive just spent on unwaveering legguards and save it for the new ones :X?

Jericho
03-04-2008, 04:04 PM
All 3 are massive upgrades for you basically going from Kara gear to T6 equivalent gear, and they should be even more of an upgrade once the armor gets fixed on them (lvl 141 should be 1765, same as Glory of the Defender)

I currently use the Glory of the Defender. Are you flat out saying that this chest piece is better than it? It just looks on paper that the added SBV wouldn't hold a candle to the 2%+ hit on the Defender. I do realize this piece with a Sapphire in it will more than likely have better EH than the Defender does, but from a threat point of view I dont see the upgrade here.

I have no idea about itemization, but I am guessing that the red socket/bonus take up the remaining "points" that would have been used for an armor boost here. I am probably wrong on that, but if I am not, then it would seem that Defender is a bit underitemized.

As for the rest of the badge gear, I basically have every "offset" piece from T6 content at this point besides the head off Illidan and those damned never dropping Myrmidon's Treads, what advantage am I going to get from picking up any of these items?

Praetorian's Legguards vs. Sunguard Legplates
Girdle of Stability vs. Girdle of the Fearless

The girdle has some situational use as I can see it, so I will more than likely pick those up. I have somewhere in the area of 175 badges just rotting away atm. I am at fair loss as to what to use them for besides the Girdle. Although 15 Badges per sapphire, may be worth it to gem certain situational non t6 pieces the guild would be hesitant to donate a gem to me for.

The Ring of the Stalwart Protector looks like more EH, but in terms of everyday usage, If I am going to be using an "avoidance" ring, its more than likely going to be Ring of Sundered Souls.