PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Efficiency

Mordok
02-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Hey guys,

I just recently updated the Warrior Leveling Demystified post with the level 46-47 numbers. DW is ridiculously explosive with dual Crusader, and Flurry, Precision, and Weapon Mastery all maxed out... give a look if you are interested. Also posted some more data in the Other Interesting Data section.

I'm struggling with trying to represent leveling efficiency for each of the three warriors. To tell you the truth, all three are pretty efficient; just not a lot of downtime. No doubt Patch 2.3 is directly responsible as the couple levels difference I'm seeing at 46 is allowing me to dominate the quest mobs.

In any case, I was wondering if you folks had any ideas of how to present leveling efficiency other than simple leveling times. I've been thinking about deaths, ganks, CD's used, and some other things along that line, but it's a ridiculous amount of info, and when you factor in the PvP, it might be untenable.

Ciderhelm
02-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Leveling time isn't bad. The thing I'd do in your shoes is work on making leveling time accurate to the situations of Warriors in those specs.

Separately, the smart Protection Warriors that level are doing so because they're spending a lot of time in instances. Is there a way to ballpark how much time they need to be in instances to make them equal out in their slower outdoors grind? (This isn't something you're covering normally, so no need)

That's a very minor idea. The scope of what you're doing is huge, and is being done very well. Don't bite off more than you can chew unless you're sure you want to. :)

Meia
02-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Could you perhaps calculate travel time, or time spent in combat? Time spent doing one quest, or multiple quests?

When it comes right down to it:

You consider yourself leveling efficiently due to the speed at which you are gaining levels.

If that makes any sense, so it is very hard to come up with other ideas of efficiency since in the end, we all look at the amount of time spent between each case and then come to the conclusion the fastest was the most efficient.

The only other option in efficiency I could see, is if you were also trying to do it while gearing up with some sort of goal in mind. Say when you hit 60, you begin doing instances with each of your characters until you attain a certain gear set for each to make them almost KZ raid ready.

You'd like to have done enough instances by the time you are 70 for your:

DW Fury warrior to have: 1300ap, 95hit rating, and 20% crit
2h Fury warrior to have: 1400ap, 50hit rating, and 22% crit
Arms warrior to have: 1400ap, 25% crit, and maybe 50 hit rating.
or a Prot Warrior to have: 490 defense, 10k hp, and 12k AC

In that way you can equate leveling efficiency with being ready to jump right into 'end game' content.

Just throwing out ideas, I hope you got the just of what I was saying.

Mordok
02-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Good stuff guys, thanks.

This gives me some things to chew on for the next update.

Taiglin
02-24-2008, 12:59 PM
If variables like how and where you are leveling (ie following the same leveling strat) are generally locked and since you are already paying attention to their general level of gear, wouldn't a way to capture efficiency be the average time to take down mobs? Given how many different mobs you could fight over the course of a level maybe how long each spec took (takes?) to kill X number of the same mobs. What I haven't gathered yet is at what stage level wise are the the toons; until I read your post below I thought they were all lvl 70. Anyway, given enough mobs (30 single pulls?, clear a cave, etc), the time it takes to kill them should reflect things like time spent in battle, downtime, etc - at least that is my thought.

Regardless, it has been in great to follow your work.