PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Illidan vid (MT PoV)

Photon
02-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Hello,

My name is Photon from Silver Hand. I'm not sure if this is worth a new thread but our server just got its first Illidan Kill last sunday and I had the honor of being the Main Tank for it. I've been inspired by Firstblood's video which was the biggest source of information for me. So in return, I would like to present you my own Illidan kill movie in hope it can gives some extra insight to any aspiring Illidan tank out there. Keep in mind that this is the first kill for our server, therefor it's far from the best execution possible. (Firstblood's video shows a much beter raid performance then us)

So here it is and enjoy!

Illidan (Silver Hand US first kill) MT PoV, 532Mb
Illidan_project_final.divx - FileFront.com (http://files.filefront.com/Illidan+project+finaldivx/;9637676;/fileinfo.html)
NQI vs Illidan (MT PoV).divx - FileFront.com (http://files.filefront.com/NQI+vs+Illidan+MT+PoVdivx/;9938996;/fileinfo.html)

Comments or questions are welcome!

NQI vs Illidan (MT PoV)

Edit: I realized that the stage6 stream doesnt work anymore (R.I.P. stage6). So I am currently re-hosting this video with a filefront stream. It will be up sometime later today. For maximum quality, I recommend downloading it from the first filefront link.

Edit#2: It's back up!

Ciderhelm
02-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Very cool movie. And you figured out our Stage6 embedding on your own, which is a plus.

Wrath
02-15-2008, 07:17 PM
yap, imho the coolest one ive seen till now... very nice job :-)

cool ui btw, really like it & gz for your serverfirst :)

Pasch
02-24-2008, 04:43 AM
very nice video and very nice tanking.. next time watch out when you run from the back towards illidan, you chained the flame burst quite a few times ;))

and can i ask what a priest and mage is doing in the MT group :S?

Photon
02-24-2008, 05:00 AM
very nice video and very nice tanking.. next time watch out when you run from the back towards illidan, you chained the flame burst quite a few times ;))

and can i ask what a priest and mage is doing in the MT group :S?

Yeah, looking back at this kill, I've figured many mistake I've done. As for the tank group, well the thing is we maximize our raid setup toward DPS and healing so the tank group is just the result of this.

Pasch
02-24-2008, 05:08 AM
we've had good experiences with putting the warlock tank in the MT group, since he'll most likely be using his imp anyways. When the demon phase starts you run to him and give him a commanding shout. This especially helps if illidan is enraged aswell (know your warlock died from a demon, not illidan himself).

Photon
04-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Bump for the update.

I realized that the stage6 stream doesnt work anymore (R.I.P. stage6). So I am currently re-hosting this video with a filefront stream. It will be up sometime later today. For maximum quality, I recommend downloading it from the first filefront link.