PDA

View Full Version : 'Overkill' Enchanting

Irellman
02-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Having a free 5 mins (and most of the waking hours of the day) to think about how to improve the gear I have, I was considering enchants on, for example, my ranged weapon (khorium destroyer). Do these encahnts (+crit for example) improve your melee stats as well as ranged? If so, what would be the best enchant for this (the +hit from MC looks appealing)?

I then moved on to thinking about getting bags as large as I could afford and having an ammo pouch with +15% haste crafted, to make pulling patrols easier to time.

Any thoughts on this?

Any other 'enchants' which people tend to skip you can think of?

hbombs
02-15-2008, 07:57 AM
I believe the enchants to ranged weapons only work on ranged attacks. Now if u want to spend the gold on say crit to ranged maybe once and a long while u will crit on a pull and get the extra threat. On bosses thats what the decapitator is for :) Oh and I have ZERO room for a quiver. Even my bank is full i dont think its worth it.

Atank
02-15-2008, 08:00 AM
Irellman,

Unfortunately, you there are no enchants for a range weapon, with the exception of a scope, which really wouldn't benefit you at all.

As for an ammo pouch, Only hunters can make use of those.

Might I suggest using a thrown weapon to make tricky pulls, as there is no "aiming" delay before the projectile leaves your hand. (alternatively, grabe yourself a The Decapitator for an instant 40 yard pull every 3 minutes)

Atank
70 Dwarven Warrior
Empíre - Detheroc

Irellman
02-15-2008, 08:04 AM
By enchant I meant scope for the ranged weapon.

Can anyone confirm if the stats apply to melee as well as ranged from a scope?

I have a Decapitator gathering dust somewhere so I might bring it back out.

loquatious
02-15-2008, 08:12 AM
By enchant I meant scope for the ranged weapon.

Can anyone confirm if the stats apply to melee as well as ranged from a scope?

I have a Decapitator gathering dust somewhere so I might bring it back out.

They do NOT apply - years ago they did but that was fixed pretty fast

Get your decapitator out of the bank - its the best damn pulling weapon in the game. Significant damage, instant cast, can be swapped out in combat.

If your raid has 1 hunter or there is a complex pull this weapon is amazing - i use it all the time.

Bigstik
02-15-2008, 09:21 AM
On the note of ranged pulling through thrown weapons, the Vengeful Gladiator's War Edge is pretty cheap with a solid stamina value, as well as the resilience itemization, which I use for resistance fights.

Irenius
02-15-2008, 09:47 AM
I typically use my Serpentshrine Shuriken when pulling and I'll switch back to my Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer when I throw the shuriken. I actually have a macro which when I have my shuriken on i use it...it does the throw command and then equips my gun.

For pulls where I'm not doing he initial pull such as HKM and I'm peeling High King off (if I don't have a misdirect) I'll use my decapitator for the added threat.

Ruminator
02-15-2008, 06:26 PM
I LOVE my decapitator =) I use it all the damn time.