PDA

View Full Version : Lookin' for some suggestions.

Cayleb
02-13-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm a former protection specced warrior, been that way for about a year and I served as a second MT for my guild at times. Recently, we've had a large influx of tanks who want more time in and we're sans a fury warrior, thus, I've switched roles. Now I'm trying to get the best gear I can and hopefully be benefit rather than hinder the raid. We're a bit of a casual/semi-casual raid guild. We've got Kara/Gruul on farm, VR, Hydross, Lurker and Leo on farm. We're working on A'lar/Solarian and Morogrim as well.

In addition to my gear that should show in the armory, I've got some things bagged. The DPS choker with haste from ZA, the plate chest with armor pen. I know I need to replace my trinket, working on that either through ZA(zerker's call), DST or perhaps the tsunami talisman. Also saving up for mongoose on my OH along with getting bold rubies to re-gem the majority of my gear. Just at a bit of a loss as to the best way to combine the gear I have, or perhaps anything I might be overlooking to check into for improvements. Any help/suggestions would be super appreciated.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&n=Cayleb)

Marn
02-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Depending on how much melee your raid leader brings, and/or how good they are, you might be better off with a MS/slam build with Blood Frenzy, rather than as fury. I don't really know much about that build or gearing for it, but you need a lot of gear as fury to be competitive with other classes, and this way you not only help every melee, but it's actually slightly easier to gear for in terms of the hit cap.

Cayleb
02-14-2008, 01:02 PM
That's one thing I was considering when looking at different builds. The down side is I don't think I quite have the gear for it(we're not into T6 content), the most I'd have available is maybe a couple pieces of T5 and the lionheart sword(second tier at the moment), or the twohander from Zul'jin if it drops.

The other thing is that our melee kind of fluctuates week to week, sometimes we'll have seven or more melee in a 25 man raid, sometimes less than five.

fastidius
03-03-2008, 03:14 PM
If your going DPS then i'd expect mongoose to be less useful to you than

Executioner
Potency +20 STR
Crusader + 60 Str on proc.

Cayleb
03-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Since my last request for suggestions, my guild's made some significant progress that's opened up several more options to me. I've been bouncing ideas off of a few friends of mine in the guild and one who also frequents TS nudged me to see what you folks might think too.

Essentially, I'm at a stage where I've got several options open to me. We're now working on Vashj and Kael, which leaves any boss prior to that as something to look at. At this moment, I'm using a Talon of Azshara MH and Fury OH. I have a Heartless in my bank that I'm considering putting Potency on and using as a new OH(along with the option of switching my Pendant of Perilous out for The Savage's Choker from ZA for added haste). Lastly, there's the talons from Al'ar to look at.
Also, I have the second tier armorsmithing chestpiece, I'm waiting for the vortexes to make the final, but being that I'm a blacksmith, the possibility remains that I could switch to hammersmithing and farm my face off to try to get the Dragonstrike.

What do you folks think? Talon and Fury or Talon and Heartless? Should I make due with the chestpiece I have and go hammersmithing, or try to pick up one of Al'ar's OH? Seems like a I'd kind of be trading stats back and forth, mostly. But I'm definitely open to some ideas/suggestions.

fastidius
03-17-2008, 04:10 PM
dragonstrike/Abacus of violent odds and DST make Dragonstrike a 150+DPS weapon. If theres nothing worth going for other than this DPS weapon in your armour line it's probably the best 1hander in the game when procced and with DST proccing also and abacus on tap you can pretty much guarantee 40% of your DPS will increase by 30%+....

having said that it doesn't help the other 60% of your damage.

Cayleb
03-18-2008, 01:38 PM
So far as I know, the third tier of blacksmithing armor is the best available to me in my current progression(we're working on Vashj and Kael). But if the Dragonstrike would be a better investment, I can stick with the Elven Battlevest from ZA and switch specializations. I still need to get my hands on a DST though. I'm thinking of using the Talon of Azshara with Heartless from ZA and the haste neck from Malacrass. Just to see if the haste would be worth the loss of some AP/crit.